Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 06:01
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Smile Water - a matter of taste

Hi

Does anyone else do this with their water? I fill a pitcher that holds about my requirement for the day. I fill it early in the morning or the night before - I find it tastes better that way - our water is pretty chemical free but it does have fluride (I think) though not as many chemicals as in the cities - I know this because a couple of years ago Ottawa and Orleans put a new product in the water and even though the newspapers and pet stores all put notices out a lot of people lost their aquarium fish because the new additive made the water unsafe for them unless a water purifing tablet had been added - our town did not have to do this.

Anyway does anyone else find that doing this make drinking water more bearable - it also keeps it at room temp (my teeth are cold sensitive)

Last edited by KoKo : Sun, Apr-06-03 at 06:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 07:07
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Question Hey Koko

Ok you fill a pitcher with all your water. Is it a filter pitcher?
I am with you about not cold water! Cold water I drink sip by sip which makes 4 liters go down very slowly. Room Temp water I can guzzle It goes right down. And I too have sensitive teeth, not so much as before (my teeth are better on low carb).
Got to get that water in
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 07:25
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Lessara

No it's just a ceramic pitcher. It also helps me to remember to drink as I'm not a water lover I'm not likely to think of turning on the tap - but seeing the pitcher reminds me.

#4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 07:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%

water water everywhere etc...

i have a 1.5 liter water bottle. I like it very cold then i guzzle it a third of a bottle at a time. I drink at least 2 of thhese a day and try to drink 3.

Jon
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 08:33
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Koko:

I fill up my requirements for the day into water bottles. I hate sensitive teeth too so I can't drink it cold. Also, I make sure it's all consumed before going to bed. There's no cheating on water consumption if it's all sitting there waiting for ya!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:22

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

I can understand why filling it the night before would taste better. The color of the water that comes out of my tap is not appealing, very white. When it is allowed to settle and clears out, it is much more appetizing.

Drink that water!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Glad to know I'm not weird for leaving an open bottle of water out on the counter all the time (there are so many other reasons to be weird). My teeth are cold sensitive too, plus even though the water here is pretty good, letting it sit for a while makes it sweeter and less metallic tasting. If (if - hah!) I get up in the middle of the night, I walk into the kitchen and swig some (helps prevent morning mouth), also drink at least eight ounces as soon as I get up in the morning. This way, I drink a liter by 9:00 a.m. and it's easy to drink at least three a day, all I have to do is make sure I refill and empty it twice before bed.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 00:07

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Unhappy I don't like water

I have been drinking sparkling water with lemon. It is satisfying and has more flavor and fizz than water, yet it is water. Shwepps makes the most economical with no sugar and no carbs. My husband bought me som juice that has 10 grams of carbs per 8 oz glass. So what I do, sometimes is pour LESS that 4 oz of juice in a glass and the remainder is sparkling water, when I have a taste for juice.

Black57
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:43

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 276/269/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Before I got my Brita filter pitcher, I did that... I'd fill a container, let it sit in the fridge for a day or two and drink, avoiding the bottom inch or two of the container.

If I couldn't wait, I'd put a little lemon juice in it.

Seattle City Water is yucky.