Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 22:13
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 229/229/160
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Question!! would love YOUR input !!!!!!!!

Hi,I was just wondering,since im not able to do well with Atkins,does anyone know any way that I could do a low calorie/low carb diet.I really need some suggestions as far as some breakfast ideas,lunch,dinner,that sort of thing.I love fruit and I cant eat that in the beginning on his diet,so thats why i'm asking.I still want to do low carb,but I only want maybe 800-1200 calories a day.I wouldnt have a problem with the low calories that i would be consuming so any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanksquestion!would love your input!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 22:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Cherise,

I've only been lowcarbing for about 8 months so I'm no expert, but why would you want to limit yourself to 800 - 1200 calories when you can eat more and still lose weight? And the other downside to so few calories is that your body could (very likely) go into starvation mode and stop you from losing the weight. If you're like most of us here, you've already learned that lower calorie diets simply don't work.

Take a look to the right on this screen for "Which low-carb plan is right for me?"

Good Luck!

judy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 01:42
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%
Default patience, grasshopper!

chenise, per your profile, you've only been on Atkins for *4 days*. To put it gently, that just isn't long enough to decide whether Atkins, or any other diet, works for you. Are you sure you're being realistic about your weight loss expectations?

I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I think you ought to wait at least until you've completed a clean two-week induction before deciding what works or doesn't work. I say "at least" because I think a month is probably a more reasonable evaluation period, but the end of induction does make a handy milestone.

And for the record, I agree with the other posters about both the evils of very-low-calorie and that you should investigate the less restrictive plans like the Schwarzbein Principle. I think I saw you get some similar answers in another thread as well. Why not do some reading and thinking for a week or two before deciding to make a switch?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 05:07
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Chenise

As the others said there are lots of other plans to choose from - but the thing is no matter which plan you choose there is something you have to give up
  • If you choose low carb then you can't have a lot of fruit but you can have lots of fat
  • If you choose low calorie you can have lots of fruit but you can't have a lot of fat

So you have to decide what is best suited to you, I wish their was a diet where we could have all we want of everything - but so far I haven't found it