Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 06:02

Plan: atkins/bodyopus?
Stats: 250/250/215
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Actual Results?

Hey People. I was wondering before starting a CKD how may of you have faired in regards to actual results? I am an out of shape former powerlifter who wants to get back in the gym after about 3 years of no involvement. Did the whole finish college at night, get married, have a kid thing and am looking to recapture the "eye of the tiger" I once had. I am aso looking to cut down on the ultra heavt weights and adopt a more bodybuilding type approach. Lower weights, higher rep schemes, as well as a focus on machine work namedly Hammer Strength. Years of pounding iron has left my joints um...shall we say a little ricketty. Bad shoulder, Knees, and lower back is not excatly powerlifting ideals. Want I want to know from you is how you have done. Where did you start and where did you finish? What are my chances for the long run on such a diet? Have any of you had your vital blood work done during this in regards to cholesterol, blood pressure, and so on? Any and all info that you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 235/212/200 Male 73 in
BF:estimated 18%
Progress: 66%

Here's some of my CKD stats

Starting/Finished

~26% bodyfat/19% bodyfat

Leg press 460 for 6 reps/ 675 for 4 reps

Bench press 245 for 6 reps/ DB press with 95 for 4 reps

Deadlift * 225 for 4 reps/ 300 for 3 reps

* I only did deadlifts the last 3 weeks

Hmm, I can't really think of anything else, did that help? Oh yea, the weights were on carb up days.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 16:13

Plan: ckd
Stats: 215/190/180
BF:
Progress: 71%

In the last month, I've maintained my current weight but dropped 3.5% bodyfat (16.4% -> 12.9%) using CKD and HST (www.hypertrophy-specific.com). In the last 2 weeks, I've been doing a few minutes of HIIT in the morning (3x a week), and I think that's helped quite a bit.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:24
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic diet
Stats: 209/202/180
BF:18%
Progress: 24%
Talking Ronny i know what you mean my friend

I started out has a bodybuilder and then switch to powerlifting to get bigger to start off wrestling in a small promo here in Montreal.

I never really stopped training, i turned 30 last June and injured myself really bad with squats.

My pelvic, sacrum, coccyx where all pertty messed up, after nearly 2 years of not doing nothing i can start slowly again to train with weights and able to get in my cardio.

I used to be 200 pounds with a great shape, my inactivity and bad eating made me go up to 225, with diet alone low carb that is i was able to get down to 190 pounds in less then 3 months, with no exercice at all, well a brisk walk on days i didnt feel pain in the lowerback but that was it beleive me.

I am ready to start planning my weightloss once again, i am back up to 220 pounds at 5 feet 10, i never wanna get injured again, no more squats for me. I add 405 pounds on the bar when i twisted my pelvic.

I plan to train in my basement:

Chin-ups wide
close chin-ups
db bench rows

db bench press
incline db
dips

db press
laterals

db curls

triceps extention

leg extensions and press

This is what my training will look like.

In September i plan to start Tae Kwon Do again 3 times a week.

With the diet and all i plan to cut a lot of bodyfat and build myself a good physique this time.

Thrust me this diet works, and you will soon learn all the harm that carbs can do to your body. Bloating, water retention and all the rest mood swings.

Good luck stick to it and you wont beleive it.