Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 16:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default The great post challenge

Hi,

have you ever noticed that it seems to be the same 20-30 people on here who posts. I mean if you ever look at whose on, the vast majority just lurk and never posts. If that's what u want to do there is nothing wrong with that but i think that you would get alot more out of this board if you participated more actively. So my challenge is this.

I would like to challenge everyone who hasn't posted in over a week to post at least once over the next 3 days. It doesn't have to be a big post or an original thread, just a post. And journals don't count. I hope i didn't step on any toes with this. thanks.

Jon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 20:21

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

That is because there really isn't anything to post unless you have a unique problem/question/whatever and need to make a new thread.

Most of the same people that you're talking about who post all the time are the most knowledgable on this board so I think its better that they answer most of the questions rather then someone who just *thinks* they know the answer.. (I have 500 posts and I'm still an idiot..) They probably check the boards more then most people, so they get to the newbie questions first and there isn't much to add afterwards. It would be pointless to quote the other people and just agree with them unless you have something new to add...

Alot of people just use this site for research and their journals. They don't need to post because they can just use the search feature and see their question arleady answered somewhere else...

So yea, no offense, but I think it would be a stupid "challange"

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Fri, Apr-04-03 at 21:27.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Might be nice for people to just check in and let the posters know that something was helpful... or to just introduce themselves. Lots of newbies and lurkers don't start journals, so there's no real way to know who's around if they don't respond to some of the threads.

#4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%

I'm sure if you tried really hard you could think of something original to post without repeating something that was already said. Also there are alot of times where all that is required is an oppinion on something not necessarily an expert oppinion. And i'm not saying just to randomly posts inconsequential things. I guess i'm an optimist and believe that just about everyone can contribute something interesting if they tried.

Jon
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

Posting something to just say "Hey, I think you're doing a great job!" really helps people out, even if 3 other posts said the same thing. It's always nice to be positively reinforced over and over again.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:43

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I see what you're saying now. And ya, I wholeheartedly agree with cait, those kind of posts should be replied to because it does make people feel good. I'm sure if someone posts a "I lost" thread and gets 1 reply it would suck with all the people on this board.. (that would just make someone not reply to anyone elses threads either) Same thing with opinion type threads if you have one.