Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 20:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/211/134 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default whipped cream sins

the first few weeks I did not eat desert, and then feeling sassy I started to make my coffee with whipped cream, sweetened with Splenda of course, and then I made the first cheesecake and then I ate whipped cream on cheesecake, alot,

weekends are very difficult, we entertain and the routine is changed,

was steadily losing and then had a bump up 3 lbs, very sadmaking,

well I finally lost that 3 lbs and have had the last of the whipped cream,

I PROMISE TO MYSELF AND THIS GROUP NOT TO EAT DESERT OF ANY KIND UNTIL I LOSE 37.6 LBS

at that time I will reward myself with a lc party,

I need to eat veg, I need to learn to stay within lc carb limits and learn to cook creatively, not desertively

I am sure that some of this whipped cream overdose was as the result of it being such a forbidden item my life long,

I have come to terms with it and think that being healthy tastes better than whipped cream,

kisses to you all,

julienne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 21:00
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Yep -- whipped cream can be a killer because it is hard to eat just a little of it. I save it for special treats, when I fear that otherwise I might eat something with tons of carbs in it. I brought blueberries and whipped cream to a New Year's Eve party this year because I knew I was going to want something special and that seemed to be the lesser of all the possible evils.

Whippped cream stalls my weight loss, and if I eat enough it even causes me to gain a little weight, but at least it does not create cravings, so I can easily go back to more healthy eating when I get over the whipped cream splurge. If I splurge on something high in carbs, I have to deal with all the cravings afterwards.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 01:33

Stats: 269/245/150 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 20%
Cool

Whooey,
Do I get it!?!
Whipped cream is such a sensual treat, I have to limit my fridge visits cuz I easily get stuck with that carton in my hand and my fingers tracing the insides of it to get the "butter" out!
Those good organic creams sure shake up nicely into a thick topping for berries, oh my!
Elaine
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 12:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Zone
Stats: 230/230/165
BF:50%
Progress: 0%
Smile WHIPPED CREAM?

Hello I feel stupid asking this but here goes, How do you fix whipped cream espically like to eat with berries? I am just getting ready to start this WOE, please hurry and answer me
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 13:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/211/134 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%

you have got to be kidding,

sorry but I am cranky because it has been 2 days without whipped cream,

if you are just starting then are you doing induction?

if you are past induction and can afford the carbs, then pour the heavy whipping cream in a bowl and whip by hand or appliance until soft peaks then add Splenda or DaVinci or Torani syrups to taste, keep track of Splenda pkgs for your count,

it helps if the bowl and beaters are cold, and the cream is cold of course, also a hint from Julia Child: older cream beats faster than very fresh,

but a word to the wise, this is very deceptive stuff and tastes so good,

it is better to spend your carbs on nutritious veg,

but for an occasional treat go for it with wild abandon,

julienne
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 16:39

Plan: Atkins/south beach
Stats: 240/230/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I take a little treat of diet jello with about 1/4 (probably less) of light cream, heavy cream, or 1/2 and 1/2-----whatever I have in the fridge------poured over it. My favorites are the orange or lime jello. By the time I get to eat it on my break the jello and cream have kind of mixed in together and it's pretty thick. Something like a creamsicle.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 17:23

Stats: 185/178/120
BF:too scared to look
Progress: 11%

You mean you wait for the jello to gel? I discovered that while you're whipping the cream, just include the SF jello powder. Tasty and it saves on using extra sweetner in the whipped cream.

Big mistake. I now only buy enough cream for salad dressing and not one drop extra! Just too easy to add 900 calaries with just a wee cup of whipping cream.

Donna
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 18:32

Plan: Atkins/south beach
Stats: 240/230/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'll have to try the whipped cream and jello powder idea.
I just pour the light cream over the already set jello and by the time I eat it its thickened.
Are you counting calories too?
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 15:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

There is a good thread on the Atkins board about full fat yogurt.
THe organic plain yogurt I found had a thick layer of cream on top that mixed into the yogurt -wonderful stuff.

THe cultures in the yogurt reduce the carbs to an acceptable level. A single splenda packet makes it sweet or the natural state is a great tart taste. And portion control is easier. I added kool-aid to try different flavors(those really needed a sweetner packet) I've have issues giving up all dairy and I am not doing well at keeping to 3oz of cheese. Munster goes down too easy.