Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 10:21

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default A Big Hello

Never been on a low carb diet before, trying to find my feet!!

I have struggled with my weight for years, lost say 70lbs, and put it back on again, through the old low fat way and excercise, but I love and binge on Carbs, bread, rice etc. I have fought and dismissed the Atkins diet for years, but nothing else works for me, I just can't control overeating Carbs, often I have thought if only I did not eat that first bread roll, then I would have not finnished all 6.

I started back at the gym, 60 mins cardio three times a week about a month ago, but found it hard to to diet this time.

I am married, met my wife when I was 210lbs, we have three boys and a boxer dog, planning to do a theme park holiday at the end of June, but I would love to be able to do the extreem rides but guess at needing to loose 75lbs just to make it on the rides
I am realistic that it a steep order in 3 months but I do have a massive excess wieght to loose, so I expect some pretty large initial wieght loss.

So anyway a big hello from me to you all, I really feal that this journal and your support will hold me accountable to myself for my actions.

Being a bloke My entries might be straight to the point, but welcome any comments.

This is day two of induction, honestly enjoying it and very settled,
making it along to gym and I was 8lbs lighter than when i joined last month

You all are an inspiration and keep up the good work.

So I sign off for now and will call back later!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 13:32
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome. I am glad you found us. It sounds like you have the determination you need to succeed at this way of eating. I have actually found it very easy to stick to low carb; once I got over the initial period all my cravings for carbs went away and the reinforcement of losing lots of weight certainly helps my resolve to stick to this eating plan.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 19:44

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool welcome!

Welcome to the forum and to the Triple digits club, thebigman!

You're right, the goal is steep. But it sounds like you really want to lose weight and get healthy, which is so much of the battle, right?

So navigate around the site--there's so much information here to help you on your way!

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 19:45

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool one more thing

BTW, there's a men's group in the buddies area too...here's the link to it....

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=86712

Enjoy!

donald
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 02:23

BF:
Default thanks for the welcome!

Good morning day three, didn't sleep well last night, seem to have to much energy, but here I am on day 3 and I believe I am in Ketosis, mouth certainly tastes matalic, my wife is a nurse ICU and is bring home a strip to check tonight, just to confirm . I also took my start photos and hopefully use them one day in the success group?

I checked out the men's thread and found inspiration, some of you guys have done amazing, it makes me more determined to change my life for ever and begin living it.

Yes I realise my goals are steep, but if I don't make that specific target, what the hell, I will still have hopefully made the biggist impact on my health in years, so there will be no loosers.

I found Don's website inspirational, and I am amazed that in under a year he acheived what he has done.

This time it's my turn, not in arrogance, but through not wanting to die from being obese, and hurting my wife and kids, for years I fought against depression, till on day through faith, decided to go against the flow, make a stand, stop the medication and live my life, free from lables and expectations, almost two years later I have never relapsed and rebuilt my life from the groung up, the weight is my last challange, one that needs to be addressed and controlled, the one thing I would like to get out of the Atkins plan is control over food and in the end it does not really matter how long it takes as long as it gradually leads to a better and more fulfilling life.

I guess I had all that to come out!!!!

Sorry for rambling on and on.

Keep up the good work, because I need all of your support, and one day I might be able to help someone else.

Graeme.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 18:41

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi Graeme and welcome aboard

Its wonderful to have you here and I am sure you will achieve your goals

Don't worry about apologising for rambling - I'm really glad that you trust us enough to tell us stuff like that I hope we can give you the support you need.

Hope to see a lot more of your typing, but a lot less of you around

Fiona
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 02:00

BF:
Default Day 5 Begins

Hi all good friends,
I think i will make the triple digits forum my home, and hope to here from you all

Whats new? well plan going great, no problems and I really mean that, I could not believe my luck to enjoy Chinese spare ribs dry no sauce, and call it a diet, heaven!!!

I feel really postive and completely at ease, and in control, I have no cravings at all, not even for the kids left overs, but the dog thinks it's her birthday, now I don't eat them all, I guess she is my secrect weapon, chuck here the scraps befor I tempted.

I have tested and certainly well and trully in Ketosis so here we go. I feel much better, less moody and loads more energy. The gym is going well and at 336lbs, no one seems to turn an eye, but the sweat just pour out like a flood, but I do no the owners and I lost 5 stone there about 5 years ago and put it all back on again when i stoped the gym, so this time there is no going back.

I will have to cut down the number of threads I am trying to follow and support you guys instead, but thats good.

Check out my fiday and all comments welcome, not so much "hey your doing great" but more advice if I am going wrong anywhere.

Thanks Fiona for your coments and hope to have your support as we do the journey toether, I know that we all need each other having over a hundred lbs each to loose

Thanks again

Graeme.