Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 04:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default mastic gum for h. pylori

has anyone here used mastic gum for h. pylori? how's the effectivity?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction now CAD
Stats: 198/175/175 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

My doctor just put me on 1000mg twice per day. My doctor is extremely well respected and always trys to cure with the natural solution. I've only been on this for two days but haven't seen any side effects yet.

I had a real problem with heartburn and he asked me to get the blood test for H pylori. At the same time he wanted me to lose 20 pounds and suggested I look at one of the low carb diets to help both. Sure enough the diet it's self made the heartburn go away completely. I've been on CAD. I've lost the 20 pounds but he still says I need to treat the H pylori and suggested the natural treatment.

This post didn't get any responses in nearly a year. I would like to know if the treatment worked for you.

Thanks,

Larry
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

i haven't tried it. i went to triple antibiotic h. pylori eradication regimen. then i took digestive enzymes after, then to fix the heartburn, i ate licorice.

while on antibiotic h. pylori eradication program, i took yakult (lacto baccilus) to avoid having all the good bacteria dead.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction now CAD
Stats: 198/175/175 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've read everything I could find on the Gum Mastic and it actually look very good. Absolutely no side effects and it isn't supposed to kill the good bacteria off. I have a great Doctor who always gives me several choices. In fact that's the name of his practice in Sedona is Choices. This sure sounded better that the triple therapy.

It is supposed to take 3 months then wait two weeks and be tested again. We'll just have to see.

Thanks,

Larry