Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:40
One Day At A Time

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 373/373/145 Female 5'5
BF:at least 59%
Progress: 0%
Default Roller Coastering.. ARGH

I started out doing great!! I have not cheated at all and lost 14 pounds from the 13th of January to the 3rd of Feb. I started my cycle on the 4th and the daily changes have been.. like this..

Feb 4 282.0 280.2
5-Feb 281.5 278.2
6-Feb 281.0 280.0
7-Feb 280.5 279.0
8-Feb 280.0 279.2
9-Feb 279.5 277.2
10-Feb 279.0 280.0
11-Feb 278.5 279.4

goal actual

I am losing my mind and slipping with my goals..l HELP before its too late!.
My lipolysis level is high.. dark purple even.. I did go to the gym over the weekend three times.. but not really hard work outs. MY measurements showed that I had lost inches.. last week.. but I dont see it in the mirror. LOL and my scale is telling me that nothing has changed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:00
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

You're losing weight, you're losing inches. What's the problem again?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:11
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

That weight pattern looks totally normal to me. Your body needs time to adjust to a 14 pound loss. You will probably start losing again in a week or two, but not as rapidly as you did in the beginning.

I think I have lost each of the 67 pounds I am down at least two or three times. My pattern is to go to a new low, then fluctuate up and down two or three pounds for a while, then go down to another new low, then fluctuate up and down two or three pounds for a while, then go to another new low, etc. People do not normally just go steadily downward. Some people fluctuate four or five pounds -- I count myself fortunate that I only fluctuate two or three.

Keep doing what you have been doing and you will continue to lose, although not at the rate you lost during induction. You might want to stay away from the scale for a few weeks if it is driving you crazy. Remember, this isn't a race. You have a lot to lose and it is not going to all disappear overnight.

Last edited by liz175 : Tue, Feb-11-03 at 17:13.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:47
One Day At A Time

Stats: 373/373/145 Female 5'5
BF:at least 59%
Progress: 0%
Default Ok so nowwwwww I am stalleddddddd

It's been since the 11th of February that I have posted here. I am not losing. I get on the scales and it is not going down. I got on one day about two weeks ago and it said 276 and every time since it is about 279 to 280. I have low carbed before and was extremely successful. I read a post about the "one-shot" golden opportunity to do this without issues of metabolic resistance. Have I missed my chance to ever get this weight off? I am beginning ot feel depressed. I started officially January 13th of this year at 294 and I have only lost down to 278-280 depending on the time of day I weigh. I am not weighing daily now.. to illeviate some of the anxiety.
Please help me with finding a break through. I know that the water is not up to the level it should be.. could that be the reason I am not losing? I am not cheating at all. I have been in ketosis.. so if i am in ketosis.. HOW can I not be losing? Its really confusing to me.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

hey aman.....i can see your i was too...i stared on feb 2 and lost 12 during intrduction ..then nothing for 8 days...and was still showing purple.....i doubled my water!!! down 1...the nexted day down 2... the nexted.....i also..added a short 30 min walk....still cold here...just gettin over TOM...so we well see how this week is..try it ...flush the fat!!!! see ya later.....sammi
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 09:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/150/120
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool

i've only lost 7 pounds in 4 and a half weeks since starting atkins. i don't cheat and i stay in ketosis but the weight doesn't want to come off as fast as i'd like. i only weigh myself every week and a half now. don't let this become an obsession. it will cause you to hate doing what you're doing and then you might go back to eating the way you did before starting atkins. in the long run, this is not a quick weight loss plan. it's a way of life and taking off pounds more slowly will help you to keep them off. it's easy to get hung up on the scale and ketosis sticks, but if you can get away from that, and just chill, the weight loss will come in time. you're doing a great job.