Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 167/159/112
BF:
Progress: 15%
Unhappy Water

Anybody have help for someone who is suppose to be drinking water but HATES it??? I was a serious soda drinker until starting this diet.... Now I just switched from that to diet soda, and was so proud of myself thinking I had done a wonderful thing... However I have read that , that is pretty much just as bad... so what is good to drink? I truely hate water, although I really have tried to drink it abit more.... Jacy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 353/237/225 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

i too was a major soda drinker. but i was also a big iced tea drinker. i switch from tea to water and back. might try weak tea and sweeten it with splenda (i use sweet and low but don't tell)
good luck
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:30
Registered Member

BF:

thanks so much I will try that.... I had a really hard time getting off Dr Peeper...(mmm mmm mmm...shhhhh) lol
So when I finally made it to just diet soda I was thrilled!! Then found out that Im not suppose to be drinking that either was a real bummer... *sigh*
But I will win this battle.... hehehe Thanks so much for your help!!
jacy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/181/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I recently tried Fruit20. The ingredients are: Spring water, natural flavor, citric acid, malic acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate and surcolose (splendra).

I hope that this would count for water because I can drink this much easier than regular water, and tastes great. I comes in 8 different flavors.

If anyone knows if this isn't good please let me know.

Josie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:37
Registered Member

Stats: 353/237/225 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

alas, i was a pepper too.
there stock is going to drop if you drank it like i did. i could drink a 2 liter a day. but to be honest after 4 1/2 weeks i really dont think about it.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: Cruisin' into Maintenance
Stats: 230/190/190 Male 74 in.
BF:??/18/??
Progress: 100%

It depends on what water you're drinkng. If it's just tap water, that's understandable. Drinking the water cold helps it taste better. Room temp water doesn't taste as good for some reason but apparently it's easier for your body to absorb.

I too had hardly drunk a glass of pure water in my life. I recommend squeezing some lemon into the water to give it a bit of taste. I'm not chugging 64+ oz of the clear tasteless stuff daily and it definitely make s a huge differeence to your weight loss and general well being.

Duncan
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 13:54
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks ya'll so much for all the help... guess I am just gunna have to jump of the soda bandwagon and on to the water one... (YUCK!!!) *sigh* But I can do it..... I wont like it... but I can do it.... I will prolly be sick... but I can do it... LMAO J/k Thanks again for all... Jacy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Stats: 195/183/135
BF:
Progress: 20%

Sometimes I add some lemon juice and splenda- not much lemon though, it can get yucky. That helped me get away from soda. I also have the occational Diet Rite- but I am finding that I am losing my taste for it though!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 17:48
Registered Member

Stats: 206/193/140
BF:
Progress: 20%

I, too, am a firm believer in orange Fruit2O. I drink it by the liter and it hasn't seemed to make any difference as far as ketosis is concerned. My question is, does anyone have any clues as to where I could buy it in cases of 1 liter bottles?
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 18:42

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally posted by JosieH
The ingredients are: Spring water, natural flavor, citric acid , malic acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate and surcolose (splendra).

If anyone knows if this isn't good please let me know.

Josie

It's definitely a YMMV thing, but citric acid can be a staller for some and is also found in diet pop.
I, too, used to be able to go for days and not drink a single drop of water. I had to force myself to drink it at first, but now find that I prefer it over most everything else (coffee excepted).
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 07:12

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I used to be an iced tea drinker -- a half gallon a day sometimes. I was worried about caffiene headaches if I switched to water all of a sudden. So what I did was make my tea weaker and weaker every time. After a few weeks I was using only 1 small tea bag to make a gallon of tea. At that point, one day I was pouring my tea and realized that I really would prefer a glass of water. I dumped out the tea and haven't gone back. Now I drink water constantly, keep a bottle with me at all times. So it is possible to convert yourself to drinking and enjoying water! --Sarah

ps: I use a Britta water filter, it really does improve the taste of water from the tap.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 08:49

Stats: 147/136/124
BF:
Progress: 48%

I used to be a "water-hater" too The only thing that worked for me is to just stand at the sink and chug down an 8oz glass of plain icky tap water. (I did this a few times a day) I just had to force myself to do it. Like taking medicine:lol I am ok with water now, in fact, I like to carry my little water bottle around all day and keep re-filling it! Makes me feel noble:lol
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 21:51

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:?
Progress: 2%
Smile Reformed water-hater here!!

I have been at LC for 3 wks. I drained about 2 ltrs. of Mt. Dew everyday for nearly 12 yrs. and was adamantly against diet pop. When I was diagnosed w/ Insulin Resistance 10 mths. ago I was so scared I immediately switched to diet (Wal-mart brand, I think diet MD tastes like chemicals). Since starting this WOL I have cut waaayyyy back on my pop intake. My DH can't believe it, he thought I'd rather die than give up my Dew.

I too have always been a water-hater but I find I just make myself drink (32 oz) cup after cup (ice water, can't stand it less than cold). I really don't like it but have found myself getting used to it and am only having diet pop a couple of times a week in the evenings when I'm just sick of H2O and need a break. I too like the Fruit2O but can't afford it so plain water is fine for me (we have really good well water, no chemical taste). Believe me, you will get used to water no matter how much you hate it.

Ali