Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 08:58

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Okay, I see... I'm holding this thing upside down. Was also reading kilograms as pounds... working roughly from the averages, looks like that 1700 calories a day figure you gave might be about right for the daily average intake for the month. I guess that does change things some--it's plausible for your metabolism to slow down enough to explain the numbers, for one thing. The 3500 calorie/pound of body weight lost thing is a little silly. But if we assumed it was true, that two kilograms you lost the last 30 days translates to 466 calories a day, roughly 2166 a day. That's a pretty plausible daily calorie burn.

I always find anything but rapid weight-loss pretty frustrating, myself. Get under the rate at which water normally fluctuates, and a lot of the time it really is hard to tell what's going on.

For the hundred days, you've lost 10 kg by the scale. If for the calendar year, you've lost 25 kg's it looks like things have accelerated? Even the last month, you've lost about 2 kilograms. That's only 24 kilograms a year. I wouldn't call this a stall so much as a dissatisfaction at the rate of loss.

Within low carb, you pretty much have two options (since you've already restricted calories). You could increase the ratio of fat to protein, make the diet more ketogenic. Or you could decrease the ratio--eat more protein, slightly less fat. I've used both--I used a high protein version of Atkins to lose weight, went higher fat for maintenance. For some reason, while high protein served me well while losing, once I'd lost the weight, I became prone to binging on "trouble" low carb foods like nuts, peanuts and cheese. Eating very high fat--around 85 percent--stopped the binging tendency.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 09:13

Plan: Atkins / NK
Stats: 365/308/220 Male 1.86
BF:
Progress:

no i just couldnt get it out of my app any different so no hard feelings to the excel sheet^^

guess I try the more fat thing first.. also tried to reach nutritional ketosis.. I noticed on -- lets say-- 60-70% I really crave nuts and cheese...and the calories skyrocket

with heavy cream and stuff. nothing .... guess protein just translates to "eat as much as you like" with me and bam the ratio is screwed

accelerated weight loss? havent read that out of the table.. just saw the fluctuating calories and was startled what the problem was..
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 14:27

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Accelerated weight loss compared to 25 kg a year--10 kg in a 100 days is a little faster than that.

At 70 percent fat, I might eat more calories than at 85 percent fat.

I can finish half a kilogram of cheese easily--without decreasing all my other food for the day. But if I eat butter with the cheese, ounce for ounce--it's way more satiating, more satiating than the calories would predict. Whipped cream? I find a cup of heavy whipping cream, straight, more satiating than a cup of whipping cream added to a cup of berries. Add a little fat to something? I may end up eating more calories, while still eating to appetite. Add so much fat that it's a ketogenic ratio, 85 or even 90 percent fat--and my appetite is greatly diminished.

I can eat more fatty pork, in calories than I can eat fat from pork...

Straight can of dry tuna? Unless I'm very hungry, I probably won't get through more than one can. Add just the right amount of mayo? The sky's the limit. Get way past that amount of mayo? The amount I want to eat goes way down again. It's a U-shaped curve.