Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Post Pen Pals Needed

Hi, my name is Linda and would love to have an online pen pal(s) who I can talk to and discuss the ups and down of this wol. Exchange recipes and low carb products reviews with.

Currently doing the Atkins plan and am currently 193 lbs with BF of 43 and want to get down to 132 with BF of 25 (long-range goal).
Short goal right now (doing Induction), is to get down to 185. Today is my 3rd day on Induction. Have been on Atkins since December 27, 2002, but am really getting serious with what I put in my mouth now. So to get this thing started right, I am redoing the induction until March 15th. I am drinking water only (no coffee/tea). Want to see how much I can drop without the sweetners and cream.

I am not a scale person, I only weigh once a month and I do pay more attention to the tape measurer. I am in no rush to get through this, as I want to do this right and take it one day at a time and one meal at a time. I am tired of falling off of the wagon. It's now or never. And I choose Now!

So, if any other lowcarbers would like to go down this journey with me please feel free to post a reply and I will surely answer you within 2-3 hours. All are welcome. In fact, the more the merrier.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Quote:
It doesn't matter how slowly you go... as long as you don't stop! - Confucious

Last edited by LindaC6724 : Mon, Mar-03-03 at 15:04.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 18:57

Stats: 205/184/135
BF:way to much
Progress: 30%

Hello Linda,

It is nice to meet you. My name is Tam and I am also following Atkins. I started on January 27, 2003. I weighed 205 and now weigh 188. My body fat is 37%. If you need to vent to someone or chat I am available. I check in here several times a day and enjoy meeting new people and sharing our successes.

If you are up to it, just let me know and I'll start checking on you.
Have a great day.
Tam
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 14:41

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Default Hi Tam

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I haven't been on line for awhile and with this war thing going on, it really is hard to pull myself away from the TV and radio.

I am restart the Induction again, starting Monday for the next seven days to see if I can get this scale to move for me.

Today's meal is:

Breakfast: 1 cup strawberries 10g
Green Tea with sweetners 4g
Lunch: Spinach quiche - 5g
Polish Sausage -0g

Dinner: Sparerib tips

Have to get busy with the water. Started exercising (walking this week), so far I am up to 9 miles. I usually walk for 30 minutes or more depending on how strong my legs are. But I won't stop walking until I have hit at least 30 minutes of walking.

I usually try to get in at least 1.5 to 3 miles a day.

Monday I walked 3.3 miles
Tuesday I walked 2. miles
Wednesday I walked 2.2 miles
Thursday I walked 1.5 miles
Friday I will walk another 1.5 miles
Saturday I will walk 1 mile
Sunday - rest day.

Again, sorry for not writing sooner.

Your stats are similiar to mines, so maybe we can keep an eye on each other. I am 188-189 depending on how much water I am holding. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work and I will definitely be writing you daily. Thanks again.

Linda
Quote:
"The body is a sacred garment. It's your first and last garment; it is what you enter life in, and what you depart life with, and it should be treated with honor" Martha Graham

Last edited by LindaC6724 : Thu, Mar-27-03 at 15:32.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 12:48

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default just a note to help

hi i was looking at the web site and reading your menu for starting Interduction.
This is week 9 forme on atkins. am still doing interduction. But i saw that u were having Stawbarries . U are not to have when doing interduction. . use Splenda to. but count carbs. i read that if you can use the lig. kind splenda thaat it has no carbs. and drink that water. iam trying to get more waater down to and must move this body. so starts a new 9 weeks with 15lbs gone. i g had a long stall. hope next month will be better with losing.
hope you dont mind me saying something about the berries,