Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 06:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking I had a dream...

... last night that I was in my childhood bedroom and my sister and her friends came in wanting to leave a candy dish on my nightstand. They also started to pile up candy all around the dish and then left. In my dream I had been sleeping and they woke me up with this. However, it was only after they'd already left my room that I was awake enough to realize what they'd done (awake in the dream). I then opened my bedroom door and started telling them that no, they couldn't leave that stuff in my room, and started throwing the candy down the hallway. I then heard my sister's friends exclaiming about "wow, she's giving all that back to us?" And then my sister says, like she just remembered, "oh, yeah, that's right, she doesn't eat sugar."

What was it someone said before about you know you've got it down when you start having LC dreams? Or something like that, anyway. Sometimes I feel like I have this great secret. I want to shout out to all the overweight people I see "HEY, YOU SHOULD DO LOW-CARB INSTEAD OF THAT LOWFAT STUFF!!! IT REALLY WORKS - TRUST ME, I KNOW COS IT'S BEEN WORKING FOR ME WHEN NOTHING ELSE DID!" But I don't try to put my opinions to anyone else. I just know what works for me, and if they decide they want to try it and ask me, then I'll say something. It just grossed me out when last night I saw my dad eating tater-tot sandwiches. Yes, he made tater-tots and put them on bread. I think he had enough bread to make at least three sandwiches My mom is doing a type of low-carb, but I think it's a knock-off of Atkins that her gym put her on. She said she wants tips from me, so that's pretty good Bye for now!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 07:19
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

That dream is too funny! Throwing candy down the hall.

I've had high carb dreams-where I eat a huge amount of pasta. When I quit eating meat, I would have meat eating dreams and I quit drinking alcohol and I still will have drinking dreams.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/156/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default To tell or not to tell???

I like your dream. I haven't got there yet but since I've stopped drinking coffee I sleep like a baby and hardly dream at all any more or at least I don't recall them. Its funny how you say you telling them about LCing. My circle of friends are mostly nurses or health professionals. So when asked what I'm doing to loss weight I simply respond quiting coffee has helped me not to bindge so much and all the extra water is helping as well. My husband and I both feel the stigma attached to the Atkins name and don't talk about our diet outside the home.

How many of you feel the same way.

Loribell
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 18:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default thread a bit back..

Hi,

there was a thread i started a bit back titled "sick of defending atkins" i would make a hyperlink to it but i am computer challenged and don't know how.

Jon
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 19:02

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

I had a dream last night that I was about to eat a twinkie-but saved myself at the last minute-remembering in my dream that I am low carbing!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 20:15

Plan: Atkins/Started WW 8/8/04
Stats: 314/200/190 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default dreams

I had a dream the first week of induction that I ate a hot fudge sundae....I felt horrible after I work up....I felt so guilty...but relieved that it was a dream and I didnt cheat. I am a carboholic...and determined to stick with this WOE....The cravings have subsided and my willpower is EXPLOSIVE....this website has really encouraged me, it helps being with people that are traveling the same path you are....

Penny
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 07:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Oh That's A Funny Dream!

When I take my nap in the day and sometimes in the early morning...(quite often) I dream that I have ate something wrong
(High Carb) and I berate myself so much...thinking I have ruined all my acomplishments...but nothing is better waking up an realize it was just a dream!

But sometimes it take a little bit to really convinence myself!

Wishing You Much Success!
Julie