Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 22:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Talking Third, er Fourth time's the charm??

Hi All...

Well, after almost a year of seemingly nonstop eating, I'm ready to start over again.

During the past year, I've put on an extra 12 lbs. that I certainly didn't need.

Last night, I decided that enough was enough! So, this morning I began my new way of eating. The first day wasn't bad, but I know that I didn't get enough water in. It will take me several days to work my way back up to an appropriate amount.

I think that I'm finally tired of being tired and having headaches all the time. I'm a teacher, and it seems like I'm grumpy every day! Since I have a pretty terrific class this year, I'm sure that most of it is me.

I'll be checking back here daily to get the support I need.

Thanks in advance!!

TTFN!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 07:15
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Welcome!

I noticed an improvement in my mood (ummm for the most part-I will always be kind of a cranky person ) as the weight went down and my blood sugar stabilized. I am telling you, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself and those who have to put up with me.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 07:28

Stats: 245/219/145
BF:

Hi Lori and WELCOME BACK...

Isn't it funny how all of the sudden the motivation is there? And I think that's what it takes. We all say gee, I really ought to lose some weight, pardon me, pass the Twinkies. And then all of the sudden it's time. Of course, I've had the inspiration quite a few times! But this time is IT and I think it is for you too.

This is really a great way to eat for someone who doesn't process carbohydrates properly and this is a WONDERFUL forum full of caring people. We are all in this thing together!

With very best wishes for GREAT success
Sue
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 07:41
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Cool 4th Time was the charm for me!

This is the fourth time I've tried Atkins and I'm very comfortable on it and since I have found every way that this WOE that doesn't work, I can steer clear of the pitfalls. I feel my decisions have more meaning due to all my research and experience.
My weight loss is slow but continuous. It took 2-3 weeks before my weight started to go down and my health improved to the point my asthma went away and my anxiety leveled out.
I find key is lots of water.. they aren't kidding! I easily hold water.
Also keeping my carbs low (20grams or less) helps alot too.
I also limit myself to artifical sweetners and foods. I only have an advantage bar in the morning and a Fruit2O in the afternoon. Oh an a packet of splenda I use in my caffeine free red tea.

Don't give up and don't lose sight of the health benifits this WOE gives us. You have my support!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hello and welcome. I am new here myself. This has proven to be a great board with lots of people who are very supportive. It took me a few times to get this diet right...but I'm there now and very very happy.

Gail
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 12:49

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Talking Thanks for the welcome!!

Hi all...

Thanks for the welcome (again). Yesterday wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. When my husband, son, and I went out to dinner last night, I told them that we had to go someplace that I could get steak and salad.

They ordered fish and chips, and I ordered a caesar salad with steak. (hold the croutons, and caesar dressing) I had a bit of ranch instead. It was very yummy!!

This morning, my son woke me up and asked if I wanted to go to breakfast before he had to go to work. After showering, I very gingerly got on the scale. I know that it's not good to weigh myself too often, but I needed to see if there was a change~~~>some sort of gratification. I was down 3.5 pounds! Now, I know that it's probably water weight, but I don't care! Any decrease is going to keep me motivated!!! I'm easy to please.

Today, my goal is to drink at least 6 cups of water. I know that's not as much as I need, but I have to work my way up to the 10 cups+ that I should be drinking.

Thanks for the words of encouragement...

TTFN!!