Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 18:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%
Default I am a NEWBIE!!!

Hi...all

I have been on Atkins now for almost a month and feel so much better I have a long ways to go...over 200lbs worth. I know I can do it this way I have been fat all my life and This is the only thing that I have found to not starve on and that it works. Thank you for letting me join your group...and I hope to get to know you all!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi TraceyLynn:

WELCOME to this FORUM....and to low carbing. This is a great WOE (way of eating) and a terrific forum here where you can get lots of help and ideas on low carbing. I've been on many many diets over my lifetime (65 years) and I have to tell you the support here is better than any other diet emporium I have joined. Best advice is get involved on the board, visit peoples journal, start your own journal (very important), you will see a lot of mention about Fitday.com (to record your food and help you figure calories, fat, carbs, protein). Mostly enjoy the ride because the plan is easy enough...just don't expect to lose it overnight...it is a very slow process but well worth it. We all like to think of it as a FAT LOSS program, not a WEIGHT LOSS program.

Good luck to you and again, welcome.

Rose
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:38

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Hi Tracylynn and welcome-Maybe you should check out our triple digit forum, where all members have or had 100+ pounds to lose. It's very supportive and addresses our special needs.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 01:55

[SIZE=3]Thank you very much Ladies...I will look around for the triple digit place...there are alot of places to visit here hopefully soon I will know my way around...Hope to get to know you better!!![/SIZE]
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 03:26

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi TraceyLynn welcome aboard

Definately head to the Triple Digits place - everyone is so great over there and absolutely start your own journal and read others they are inspirational and they make this journey so much easier..

Anyway congrats on the weightloss to date

Fiona

from "down under"
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 14:42

Thank you for the uplifting words I am heading to find the 3 digit place now I will post when I get there to let you all know that I found it!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 21:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

TraceyLynn - I'd like to add my welcome, but from another TraceyLynn... me. And beleive me my dear - if I can do it, so can you! 65 pounds gone so far, and another 35 or more to go. Take a look at my "before" and "during" pictures - "after pictures are sure to come... more slowley than I like, but they will be there!

Click on the little wwww at the bottom of my post.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 15:28

Thank you Talon...I went and looked at your Pics WOW WOW and DOUBLE WOW...you lookw onderful and so much younger...feel very proud of yourself and I will be glas when I can llok that good!!!