Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 18:54

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%
Default Not hungry but.........

It seems that I'm almost always thinking about food. Today I almost went out to Jack in the Box 'cause I really wanted a cheeseburger on a bun even though I didn't really feel hungry.. I didn't do it but came home and had a hamburger patty and some romaine salad with Gorgonzola cheese and vinaigrette. I reminded myself that I had all that low carb stuff that I would just be wasting if I blew it now. Ribs were marinating for dinner and it just wouldn't do not to go ahead and cook them.
That urge has passed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Good!

It seems that you did well. But thinking about food all the time is something you must overcome. Keep your mind on your goal weight and how you want to look. Keep a clothing item that you want to fit into, close at hand. Hang it up by the mirror and go there when you feel cravings. Those psychological cravings are the worst; and Atkins cannot do much for them. It's basically you. I have them too, so you have my empathy

Also, I think about how good the meal I have planned is going to taste. It helps to visualize and imagine those things.

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 21:32

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hang on to that power girl, you'll be paid off with results

Cheers Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 22:52

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

I'm proud of you Barb! I know how you felt because I get those urges sometimes too. Like tonight, I wanted macadamia nuts so bad but didn't have any because my boyfriend is hiding it from me in his car trunk, so I whipped up some cream again and ate some of that. It didn't really cure my cravings and I'm sure I went over on my calories and carbs, but the cravings went away at last! Somebody said that when you have these cravings, it's your body saying "if you don't feed me, I'm going to dip into the fat reserve!" (may not be the exact quote, but pretty close). I caved and fed my cravings! Oh well, it happens! You did so good today though, I'm sure you'll be rewarded with a loss real soon!

#5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 06:49

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

My reward was a 1/2 pound loss. I figure any loss is a good loss.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 07:17

Stats: 235/195/150
BF:??????????
Progress: 47%
Default Yeaaahhhhh!

Good for you I remember how thrilled I was to have a hamburger on a BUN, it was a revolution roll, none the less, it was great to pick up a burger in a bun!!!!! Maybe I need to get a life?????? Strange how the little things get so important isn't it? Keep up the good work
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 07:52
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Congrats. I have these cravings also, but not as often as I did in the beginning. I try to keep things around the house that will fulfill my cravings (legal of course) Atkins has a hamburger bun that can be used in induction, I have no idea how it taste, but it might help you get over the psychological aspect of this...just having that bun. I had a craving for chocolate (which never happened before Atkins) the other day and went online to find a recipe that would fit into a low carb diet, there are soooo many. Good luck, your beating this the only way possible, mind over matter...

Gail
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Resisting cravings makes you stronger

Good work Barb, don't fault yourself for having the craving. We all have cravings. Congratulate yourself for resisting it. Everytime we resist a craving we get stronger.

Amy