Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 08:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Phase 1 Induction Complete

Well, normally I wouldn't post with success as I am not the one to boast or gloat, especially on such a sensitive topic as body weight, but per the agreement on this board, I think it is necessary to post success.

My plan is two fold - 2 stages of Induction. First stage is 2 weeks, no working out other than walking. Phase 2 is another two weeks, but with more rigorous exercise, like hiking and riding the gym bike.

I felt so good at the end of Phase 1, I actually started riding the gym bike a little early, so I definitely have more motivation than before I started.

Anyhow, I haven't cheated at all. 20 grams or less each and every day, no variation. I keep the fatty meats to a low, but I supplement in other fats, like cream, butter, and olive oil.

Two week total loss of 7-8 lbs.

I started at 226-227, I weighed in this morning at 219.

My next goal, and I truly believe in breaking up weight loss in to stages, is to get as close to 212 as possible during the next two weeks of induction.

After that I plan on moving up the carb intake to find my carb tolerance, as per the plan on move slowly in to OWL. Target weight for round three is the sub 200 weight.

After that I plan on reevaluating my entire fitness level, I'll get a BMI / body fat test taken and see where I want to go with this.

Anyhow, stick to it and keep your head up. Being positive sure helps, as well as setting fair expectations.

Tom C
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 08:55

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Good for you, Tom!

Sounds like you know where you want to go and how to get there!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

Tom,

Kudos on becoming a healthier you!! Isn't it great to actually have some motivation? Even earlier than your original goal??

Keep up the great work!! Any success is great success!!