Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:13

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Ikea- foods

Hi!....

I know there are not that many Ikea stores.. but they are worldwide... I have been there a couple of times and enjoy it... it feels like an adult theme ride..... lots of interesting colors, ideas and textures!

Anyway, they have a cafeteria but they also sell their foods too!

Try the swedish meatballs... i make them in a soup! quick and yummy. Today I found a salmon paste in a tube... I am going to try that on my pork rinds!!

Take care,

M-
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 08:13

Plan: Atkins and Sugarbusters
Stats: 237/201.5/170 Female 64 inches
BF:Still not sure...
Progress: 53%
Talking I love Ikea!

What a great Store! And it's so big, you can get your exercise for the day just shopping! I love their Meatballs. Now, if they could only make Low Carb Lingonberries....
fm
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

Ikea Oh how I love that place. I never ate any of their food though (too high on shopping to be hungry).
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 01:31

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I don't dare go into their grocery area.. they have so many yummy treats there!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 00:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've looked for their meatballs and have never been able to find them. I usually shop for an hour, get the kids, and then eat a plate of meatballs. I haven't been there since starting LC. I wonder if the meatballs are LC or if they have bread as a filler?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 15:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

those meatballs are tasty, but I would bet you a million dollars they are not low carb! The last time we went to IKEA my DH had meat balls and I had a salad. I had one as a treat. Almost all meatballs have bread in them, especially restaruant type meat balls. At home I use pork rinds, but most people use bread to fill. Sorry to burst your bubble, they sure are good though!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:56

Plan: Atkins-ish (40-50 carbs/day)
Stats: 255/225/135 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question Finding a Better Binder

My family is Swedish, so this brings back nice memories. I haven't had them in years, but my grandmother used mashed rice and dry bread crumbs to bind her Swedish meatballs. They were wonderful. I've even seen recipes that used Cream of Wheat as a binder. Yikes! I'll skip the Ikea ones, but it's encouraged me to get creative in the kitchen and find a LC version. If anyone has a suggestion for a better binder, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenn