Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default syrups

Has anyone compared the Da Vinci syrups to the Atkins syrups? Do they have hidden carbs? How do they taste?

I read the ingrediants and both brands have hidden carbs, but I can't judge how they would compare to the protein bars and shakes.

Does anyone find they bring on cravings?

Magic
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 20:11
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Cravings

I think anything sweet can cause cravings; if not physical, then psychological. It is not going to happen to everyone but if you find it happening to you, I would suggest that you abstain. Atkins intimates that there is a time to bring such things back into our nutritional repertoire; but I think it should be done in pre-maintenance, when we have developed the skills over time to cope with those feelings. But that's just my opinion. I'm probably nearing the mid point of my regimen and I still do not eat anything like that. I am such an afficionado of maple syrup I'm not sure I could even settle for less

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 20:43

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Atkins syrup

I bought the french vanilla (or maybe it was just vanilla???) Atkins syrup and it is horrid, IMO. I added it to coffee and it gave it this odd chemical taste. Mind you, I usually use splenda, so I am used to chemicals (gosh, that is sad...), but it tasted soooo bad. What a waste of money......

Just my advice.....

Amy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 21:25

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I have bought both the Vanilla and Hazelnut sugar free Da Vinci Syrups. Both are great.

I don't put them in coffee. I usually mix it with club soda and have an italian fizz spritzer. Lite and refreshing!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 22:23

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Thank you all for your quick replies. I think I'll should stay away from them, I'm not losing any weight as it is. I was going to use them in water, which I hate.

I've cut out so much, I can't get 20 carbs without having too many calories for my goal weight. I find myself looking around in the kitchen for something with no calories but carbs.

Magic
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:19

Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

According to my calcuations, Davinci Vanilla hass 0 hidden carbs
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:11

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

If Splenda is in the liquid form, there is no carbs. The carbs in the powder form come from the filler to make it into a powder.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 01:17
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 307/168/155
BF:
Progress: 91%

No comparison IMHO, Atkins syrup, thin and yucky, DaVinci what a good many espresso shops use and a HUGE number of flavors (ok some of them are weird, what do you use Buttered Popcorn flavored syrup for.... ), anyway the DiVinci products pretty much rock IMHO.

Kindest Regards,

LoneInAz

#9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 11:49

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

For no or low calories WITH carbs... our friend, Mr. Veggie! Lettuce, celery, mushrooms, cucumber, endive.. all good for you and low cal/low carb. For higher carbs, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, onion... still low calorie.