Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/156.5/140
BF:34%/29%/20%
Progress: 40%
Default Her Goes ............help

I am fairly new here, have posted several times and am a daily reader of many, many posts.
Today would have been my 9th day into induction (2nd time around) but it now has become my 2nd day of binging.
I know everything I need to know, I could form a group or become a speaker about low carb eating and exercise.
Why can't I do it?
Why can I tell everyone else how much they will benefit from exercise and weight loss but I can't stick to it myself?
You have heard so many times before, "why can't I be sucessful? " Why is it so hard for me to do?
I know what will happen if I put even one cracker in my mouth. I understand it's not just in my head but my body will actually feels like it needs more. So then why do I allow it to happen?
How long can I keep blaming it on 'that time of the month'?
I know women burn more calories during this time that is why you have cravings, but still, with the goal I have for weight loss, what will make me change?
For the first time today, I thought I would just be happy with the way I am.
I love the person I am, just not the way I look.
I feel like I am extremely nice looking and actually look very attractive in my clothes.
But I want to look attractive in smaller clothes.
How long can I keep going back and forth?
My stomach aches from home made chocolate icing I ate. But is that enough to resolve this for more than one week?

Sorry to rant but I feel like I am at an end of trying.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:50
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default My advice...

Hiya and sorry you are having such a bad time.

NOW STEP AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN

What you need to do now is heat a cup of water up with a little lemon in it and drink it calmly and think about what you have in your house to eat that is low carb.

You are going to be overeating here so relax about it and try not to feel guilty anymore.

I want you to eat only LC foods until you are full! I don't care how many salads or veggies dipped in high fat dressing, how many inches of pepperoni, how many pieces of cheese, how many spoonfuls of tuna-chicken-egg or shrimp salad w/ loads of mayo and celery you eat here.

You need to get control of yourself you need to feel full and satisfied and you need to do this NOW!

Once you do the next meal will be easy again.... back on track.

Trust me, you can do this!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 15:32
Registered Member

Stats: 167.5/156.5/140
BF:34%/29%/20%
Progress: 40%

Thank you for your encouraging words.
I honestly don't think I can put anything else in my mouth, I'm so full and feel yucky!
For right now all I can say is that I will go now and drink some warm lemon water and see if I feel better.
I am still trying to move ahead.
Thanks again.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: thinking on it
Stats: 165/157/130
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default thanks darlin!

Lisa K.:

You are lovely. From all of us who are full of self-loathing, who can't seem to stay away from carby stuff - thank you. Your message says "stand up for yourselves and take control". I'm going to keep trying.

poobean