Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Junebug... hard question. I had difficulties adjusting to the changes after induction too. Didn't know quite what to do, etc. My guess is that if you're comfortable at 25g and are anxious to lose the weight, stay there until you've lost a couple more pounds. I didn't go up to 30g until I was sure I could lose at 25, ya know?

Now I'm up to about 40, but also exercising vigorously (weightlifting, cardio, and yoga) so I feel like I really need it. In good ketosis though. Does anyone know if exercise increases the release of ketones? It sure seems like it to me. I'm eating more carbs and in heavier ketosis. Pretty cool. Hope to see some changes soon!

Angela
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Hi, can I join in here too? I've got between 10 and 4 pounds to go, depending on the swing of the scales (134 - 136) and what I decide my goal weight is (either 130 or 126, probably 126, ie 9 stone). So realistically, 8 -10 pounds to go.

Like some other people here, I'm struggling to get motivated to shift the last bit. I look ok-ish, but could look neater, I've slacked off, added in wine, cream etc. and stopped the exercise over the winter (too cold and dark).
I really need to get 'serious' again, but am suffering from 'next week' syndrome.

Anyway, I've just been on holiday with my DH and we did quite a bit of hiking, so that's given me a kickstart with the exercise that I just need to keep going now...........
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 17:13
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Guys:

I just found this thread through Angela. Thanks Angela!

I have a strange history. I never started LCing to lose weight. I was already at my goal weight, although I have had to watch my weight ever since I turned 20, when I weighed 145 lbs. I started LCing b/c of hypoglycemia. I had a huge sugar addiction and ever since giving up sugar, I've had swings of bingeing that would cause me to gain 10 pounds in a short period of time. I've been yo-yoing up and down 10 pounds for the last year.

So my current goals (since the New Year) aren't as focused on losing weight so much as to control the sugar addiction that causes me to gain weight. If I control that, I control the weight. I've been averaging a loss of about 1/2 pound a week, if that. This is the slowest it's ever been for me. I think I actually lose weight quicker on a low-fat diet, but the ramifications are horrible. There are too many benefits to LC to ever go back to low fat.

So I'm officially checking in!
Measurements:

Chest - 34.5" (Hey, I could swear I wear a 36B?)
Waist - 27"
Hips - 34.25"
Thighs - 21.5" with lots of cellulite

Oh, I'm also very small-boned.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Sat, Feb-22-03 at 13:54.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 09:42
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Thighs - 55.5 with lots of cellulite
Uh.....Wanda? You sure you got that right???
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 12:22

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am starting BFL. I am hoping with the increase exercise and toning, I will be able to drop a few pounds. Or at least fit into my jeans.

Last spring I was a happy size 12...meaning I could slip into any pair of size 12 jeans I had in closet. Now I am still in those jeans..just a heck of alot tighter.

Maybe it isn't the scale I am fighting with, but the jeans! at this point I don't care (well..maybe a little) about the scale. I just want to be back to my happy 12's again. at my lowest point I was even in a 10!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 13:50
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriDoodle
Uh.....Wanda? You sure you got that right???

Yikes Teri, I forgot to convert from centimeters - 21.5"/thigh.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Sat, Feb-22-03 at 13:53.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/115/110 Female 5'1"
BF:27%/20%/17%?
Progress: 81%

Hi gang,

Can I come play in your sandbox, too?

Nice to know there are so many others in the same boat as me, working on those last 10-15 pounds.

I'm feeling much better about myself, but still really want to get to my goal weight. It's SOOOO slow-going. Arrgh.

Lately, however, I've decided to focus more on the PROCESS than on the DESTINATION. This has helped me stop obsessing so much and enjoy this new way of life.

I'll be back to play again soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ophelia
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:24

BF:

The journey prepares you for when you reach the destination.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 00:46

Thought I'd join in the measurement posting game since I recorded them today... unfortunately I lost some of my old measurements, but I have seen a change in my waist and hips since starting Atkins definitely!

Start of Atkins: (10/02/02)
Weight- 160
Bust- 38
Waist- 33
Hips- 42

Today: (02/22/03)
Weight- 140
Bust- 36
Waist- 27
Hips- 37
Thigh- 21.5
Arm- 12

Wow... those look pretty good, especially compared to the start!

and Wanda... maybe you're a 34B now? You figure bra size by measuring ribcage...adding 5 to that number for the number. Then cup size by how much above that number your bust is. 1 inch= A, 2 inch= B, etc.
So a 34B would be about a 29 ribcage and a 36 bust. Perhaps?

Speaking of which, MAN, my boobs are getting smaller. My 34D bras are starting to get laughable! And according to my measurements, I should be wearing a B! Oh my god! I haven't worn a B since I was 12, seriously.

So shucks... forget about my savings account... I need to invest in new pants AND new bras. Aw man.

Last edited by Skamito : Sun, Feb-23-03 at 00:48.
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 08:28
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
You figure bra size by measuring ribcage...adding 5 to that number for the number. Then cup size by how much above that number your bust is. 1 inch= A, 2 inch= B, etc.
So a 34B would be about a 29 ribcage and a 36 bust.

Hey, Angela. To quote my favorite singer, "I don't think I like this game no more"! Okay, my ribcage is 30", my bust is 34.5". By the above formula, (Ribcage + 5 = 35) I'm, like, a negative cup size? Boy I thought my days in an "Almost a B" bra were bad.

Wanda
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 08:51

BF:

I lost my boobs a long time ago. After breestfeeding the twins, and then losing over 50 pounds...they are GONE! I was bigger when I was 12 years old.

Now that I put on a few pounds...it didn't go to my boobs, but to my hips. I will never see a B again!

Still struggling...the scale won't budge ..still 160.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 11:09

Negative cup size... aah! Yeah, well, it's not a perfect formula, I'm sure. If the bras fit, they fit, right?

Heh, oh my.
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Angela, your stats are AWESOME. congratulations.

kiwi
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:39
Pending Member

Plan: n/a
Stats: 134.5/120.5/118
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Hi!

So in the name of posting small goals (I'll measure tonight) I will set a goal for myself to:
• Lose 2 pounds this week
• Walk 3 days
• Drink 100 oz water each day
• Log my food everyday, accurately

Sunday I was at 128.5. Sunday was officially my day 14 of induction as well. I lost 6.5 pounds during those 2 weeks.

Great site. I'm glad there are some others who are struggling with those last 10.

tena
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:50

Hi Tena! Those seem like good goals except for the 2 pounds. I mean... you can't really control that, therefore you don't want to beat yourself up over it if it doesn't happen. Congrats on your induction loss!

Keep up that water and exercise, no matter what, those are good for ya.

Angela