Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/186/150
BF:Just "FAT"
Progress: 5%
Default The 30 Day Low-Carb Diet Solution. Any one do it? Does it work?

I've been hearing about this book, and reading reviews on Amazon and the like. I'm debating trying this.

Anyone have any info or experiance with this? I've tried Atkins with no success... seems I go over 20 grams on Induction and want more veggies than I should have. I also like my coffee in the morning (usually 1 mug) and a few beers on weekends when we get to go out.

I'm debating doing either P.P. or C.A. and I'm doing research and asking questions before I go spend the money on the books I will need. I don't want to buy 1 plans books then find I should have done the other. Even know they are similar, I'd like to buy the book of which ever plan I decide on.

This books looks like what I'm looking for. I NEED structure!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 18:48

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Re: The 30 Day Low-Carb Diet Solution. Any one do it? Does it work?

Quote:
Originally posted by Disneyfan
I don't want to buy 1 plans books then find I should have done the other. Even know they are similar, I'd like to buy the book of which ever plan I decide on.

Here's another option. Instead of buying the books first, how about checking them out of the library for a few weeks so you can decide?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/186/150
BF:Just "FAT"
Progress: 5%
Default Re: Re: The 30 Day Low-Carb Diet Solution. Any one do it? Does it work?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa N
Here's another option. Instead of buying the books first, how about checking them out of the library for a few weeks so you can decide?

Yep, tried that the day I wrote the post. It's a good idea... I ran to the library (a friday, about 6:30pm) and it was CLOSED! LOL! So, after doing my cleaning and such, and reading stuff here for a bit today, I'm going to run to Half Price Books and see if I can't find a copy.

Has no body done this here? Or is this book just so new, no body knows about it? Hmmmm...
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 15:20
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just looking at the title it looks like some fad diet rather than a WOL. That would be my first guess. But then... who am I to judge. I know nothing about it.

Wanda
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 16:36

BF:

It's a basic outline of the Protein Power Plan written by Drs. Dan and Mary Eades. I think their main goal is to give people a tool to get a quick start into low carbing without having to slog through a lot of tecnical medical stuff first.
The book is fairly new, which is why we probably haven't seen anything about it yet, but I don't think it's wildy different from the Protein Power stage 1 plan. It also contains a month's worth of recipes (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for those that don't want to take a lot of time to plan meals, but there are also tips for those that want to be more creative on making their own menus.
They also have a new low carb cookbook out called "Low Carb Comfort Foods" that I plan to look for soon; the reviews and list of recipes looked interesting.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 16:57
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa N
It's a basic outline of the Protein Power Plan written by Drs. Dan and Mary Eades. I think their main goal is to give people a tool to get a quick start into low carbing without having to slog through a lot of tecnical medical stuff first.

Hey Lisa, I think I just blasphemed my idols. Oh well, I did say I knew nothing about it. I'm sure they'd forgive me. I'll have to pick up the book after I finish reading Atkins for Life. Can't keep up with all of them.

Wanda
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 17:24

BF:
Thumbs up I got the cookbook!!

The reviews of The Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook looked too good to pass up, so I called my local Barnes and Noble today and they had it in stock. So...off I went and picked it up. It cost $24.95, but from what I've seen so far it will be well worth it. Some of the recipes look wonderful!
The only drawback that I've seen is that my DH won't be able to eat some of the recipes that call for Almond flour as he is allergic to tree nuts, but the rest of us have some wonderful goodies in store.
I found it interesting that in the introduction, they cautioned those who are still trying to lose weight to go easy on the treats and made a point of saying that too many calories can indeed stall weight loss even if you are still staying within your carb limit.
While they didn't say how many calories is too much, they did say that if you find your weight loss slowing or stopping to cut back on the amount of treats until weight loss resumes. Good advice for everyone!