Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/194/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy not only did i fall off the wagon, IT RAN OVER ME!

Well, when i blow it on the WOE, do i blow it. I have done well, been stuck at a plateau for weeks on end, but at least i was maintaining. That was a first for me. I usually lose, and when i stop losing, i gain all of it back. This wasnt good enough for me yesterday. I made my family these peanut butter, chocolate chip clusters.... and well... after 8 later.... they were damn good! I cant get back on the wagon.. i've tried, but, im afraid it has not only tossed me off, its run over me, and left me lying there grasping to get back on. Im thinking i need to restart induction. Any suggestions? I have been slipping for the past few days, yesterday the fall happened, and im needing a push to get back up at it again. Kinda a coincidence, but the bridal shop called, i go for a fitting on my wedding dress today..... wonder how me and my chocolate chip cookies are going to look in it...........eekk!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:09
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Loriann. Congrats on your engagement. Get your fiance and the rest of your family to jack that wagon off you..lol.

Serious you have lost about 19 pounds so far so you know you can do it. Just start again. Remember why you started in the first place. Remember how you felt when you had got the bad carbs out of your system.

Just do it!!

We are here for support and when you need to vent.

red

p.s. when is the wedding?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:10

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default ooooooooh ouch!

I hate it when that happens!!

But you know what? You can brush the crumbs off and get right back up on the wagon. I doubt there's a single person on this forum (well, maybe there's a saint or two) who hasn't done something like that!

This isn't a diet, it's a way of life--so, chalk it up to lessons learned and start eating LC again. You don't have to go back to induction, altho you certainly can, if you want to. Just start eating LC again. It may take a day or two or a few to get back into ketosis, but you haven't caused serious, long-lasting damage or anything. You may not see a weight loss for a few days, either, but you will start losing again. And you may find this slip-up generates more cravings!!

Be aware that these chocolate peanut butter things are trigger foods for you and don't make them very often! There are some LC versions on this forum under the Low Carb Recipes (in the orange bar at the top) that may help you keep those cravings at bay.

Don't throw in the towel. You can do this. Be sure you have lots of LC foods at the ready!

Here's wishing you success,

Pokey One
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:15
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi -

You have posted on this site so you want to fix this before it does become out of control.

Now quit it! Just like that. You chose to high carb yesterday (get it - it was your choice) but now you are back to being healthy and getting more beautiful.

Eat something low carb now... until you aren't hungry. Don't worry about calories or anything but satisfing your hunger now.

Then just right back on track.

You can do this!

Last edited by lkonzelman : Fri, Feb-21-03 at 09:16.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:36

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi Loriann! Congratulation on your upcoming wedding, and also on your weight loss so far! You're doing great

You know you can do it Loriann! We're not perfect so we're bound to make mistakes along the way. But when we fall, we can't just lay there in the middle of the road, we have to pull ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start walking towards our goals (riding the wagon is much easier!). I know it's easier said than done. But like Red said, remember why you started LC in the first place. Remember that YOU are the only one who can make the decision to get back on the wagon again.

Do you use Fitday? For me, fitday really help me to plan my meals ahead of time and keep me in control of what I eat. Sure, I've binged too, but I don't come down so hard on myself. Tomorrow is a brand new day, and I KNOW I have the POWER to resume my LC WOL! I love the way I feel on this WOE. Most of my health problems are getting much better or gone altogether. I feel good about myself even though I do give in to temptation sometimes. I did come up with a binge rule though. Since I'm still in induction (fourth week) and plan to be on induction for another few weeks, when I do binge, I'm going to try to keep my carb count to below 30g. Whipped cream and mock danish are my best friends when I want to binge on sweets!

I'm sure you will look beautiful in your wedding dress! Maybe you can post a picture of yourself in your dress after you get married
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:07

Stats: 213/194/140
BF:
Progress: 26%

thanks everyone for the support and words of wisdom. I didnt gain this weight overnight, and i know i cant lose it overnight either. It took me 30 years to put it on, lets just pray it dosent take quite that long to come off..hehe!!!

The wedding is June 7 Red, so, my goal is at least 15-20 lbs more, though, i'd still be happy with 10....

I'll post a pic of me in the dress after i get married... cancelled the trip to the bridal shop today, i am snowed in! We've had 4 inches in the past few hours, and its still coming down, so in the house im staying. Going for a fitting Monday... GOAL #1: strict induction till then! thanks guys! i appreciate it.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 15:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I kind of think saint-hood must be a little boring. Everyone else is right -come on girl, climb up on the wagon and if you need a little help the rest of us will always put our hands out to help you up!!!
This isn't always easy but you will get there girl- remember this as a trigger and avoid for as long as possible. I remember when my 4 kids were taking lunches. If I had it to do again -I would pack fruit for them. I found out later my son was trading the baked stuff for money. Now hubby and I have 11 grandkids and just found out that not only does my daughter do lots of baking but my 12yr old grandson takes orders for the stuff-not only from his class but from the school bus.
That kid has plans of being a millionaire someday soon!!!!
Jan

MAKE MINE LOW CARB!!!