Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/132/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Fell off the Wagon?

Hi All,

So I was doing so well with this WOE, I was in ketosis the second day and losing weight and THEN...went away for a weekend getaway and slipped up pretty bad. I have been back on for 3 days now and I can not seem to get back in ketosis. Is this normal after falling off the wagon?? Is my body storing the carbs that I gave it over the weekend??? I am afraid I screwed everything up? Please advise....Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 06:41

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation Back on the Wagon

Hi Julie

Sorry to hear that you fell of the wagon last weekend. Glad to hear that you have picked yourself back up and are now back on induction.

When you eat a load of carbs your body instantly stores them and usually some water weight along with them. It takes two or three days of low carbing to get them back out of your system again and for you to be in ketosis.

Just be patient, and if you are low carbing at around 20 g per day you should be rewarded shortly by more weight loss.

Keep the faith in this way of life. A little cheat now and then is OK, but a large cheat can sabotage your progress for quite a few days or even weeks.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 07:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/140/130 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Thumbs up

Stick with it Juliebugs I too fell off the wagon last weekend and the 1st half of this week i only got stuck back in yesterday and hoping by sunday to back in Ketosis...Stick with it i am sure those sticks will turn pink for you dont test for another day or so, so you dont get disillushioned i do remember the book saying it should take 48 hours for your body to rid it self off carbs so just be patient for another day or so....Good luck with it......
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 166/154/140
BF:
Progress: 46%

Me too, went off for the weekend and blew it bad. It taught me a good lesson, I felt stuffed and uncomfortable,had intergestion, my brain was cloudy and i was lazy, the old way of eating(breads, sweets, ice cream,too much alcohol) is surely not worth the after effects. It feels so good to get back on track.