Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-11, 14:14

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%
Default PCRM's Power Plate:A healthy alternative

So I found these videos on the Diabetic Connect website and they make my blood boil..How a Diabetic website can be so irresponsible to put these videos on without a disclaimer...Makes me wonder how much money PCRM paid to place these on their website...
PCRM: Power plate
Cheese and other foods that are hurtful for diabetics
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-11, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: F75/P20/C5
Stats: 244/208.5/160 Female 5'6"
BF:44%/40%/25%
Progress: 42%

Many diabetes groups seem to be invested in the lowfat/high carb thing. It's a bit criminal because newly diagnosed people don't know any better and have to get worse before they notice the advice is bunk.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-11, 15:21

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

I'm just disgusted with the fact they present only four food groups,eliminating dairy and meat,as part of their Vegan agenda...When they know damn well,We have to have B-12 and protein for muscle tissue..The good news is I know this is a fad that will eventually go away because either they realize the deficiencies and start to suffer health problems and change their diet as many have had to do..Or they all die off...Not being mean here..But there are going to be those who will sacrifice their health for their beliefs...I have a very good friend who is the ultimate Hippie...Her nickname is "Willow tree"..And me and another good friend have been speaking to her about the dangers of her diet..Well she admitted to me last night that she's been eating some cheese lately and she had a bite or two of some chicken last week..She is concerned about her health and is not feeling well...I sent her a link to a Blog by a devout Vegan who had to stop due to her health,and she is reading it....I told her I know it's extremely hard for her,and I am here to support her,but in the end she needs to do what is healthy for her body...
Here is the link to Tasha's story....
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-11, 15:39

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1492
I'm just disgusted with the fact they present only four food groups,eliminating dairy and meat,as part of their Vegan agenda...
I recognize only two food groups - meat and vegetable.