Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 12:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/272/151
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile New Member

<font face="papyrus" font color="teal" font size="3">Hello all, I am trying to get acquainted here. I signed up a couple days ago and then had to find out how to get back here. After a bit of effort going through my favorites I finally found my way. For some reason the url is not sticking in my mind as of yet.

I began the Atkins program on January 7 and have lost 10 1/2 pounds since then. Since I am on estrogen I do not expect speedy results, but steady and true will win the game. I am down a total of 29.5 pounds from my high weight and that is progress.

Hmmmm, I did sign up for email notification to replies and someone replied to a new post of mine and I never was notified. Guess I had better check out my profile to see what is happening.

Good news for me is that I was able to stop my blood pressure meds yesterday. That is progress.

I and 54 and live in Arizona with my husband of 30 years (in March) and 5 dogs. I have 3 adult children who are thankfully on their own. My goal is to keep improving my health so that I can truly enjoy my Golden years. I know as a kid I believed the ads that talked about them so I want to experience them.

I am looking forward to getting to know others who are in my weight class and who are doing the low carb lifestyle.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 14:38

Stats: 234.5/207/130 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hello!

Welcome to the triple digits club, and congratulations on your weight loss! 29.5 lbs, that is wonderful!

I believe the email notifications are no longer an option because of backlogged servers or something like that. However, if you subscribe to certain threads, you can check your profile when you log in and see whether there have been any new posts.

Well, its nice to meet you, and I hope I see more of you around the forums!

Shannon
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 15:06

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi there, I'm new around here too but I have found it to be a wonderful place full of lovely supportive people

Congrats on the weight loss (I am 5 days into induction and nearly dying but sticking to it!!!) anyway welcome

Fiona
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 15:19

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Welcome Sandra. Glad you found your way back here. I had the same trouble in the beginning. It just didn't show up in the searches I did.

You are well on your way with your commitment to yourself. 291/2 pounds is wonderful. Congratulations!

Check in often, and as one who delayed getting started on a journal.....get started!

Fiona,
Sorry you're having a tough time. I'm sure better days are just around the corner and hopefully a rewarding weigh in!

Hang on,

Deb
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:45
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Sandra,

Welcome and congratulations on your success so far. I also had a blood pressure problem when I started low carbing in July and last week at the doctors my blood pressure was 117/74 without medication! Isn't this way of eating wonderful? We get to eat as much as we want, our weight goes down, and our health improves.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:59

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome!

Hello, Sandra! Well, you certainly have a "customized" look in the forum! It's quite nice...

Just popped in to say hello and welcome to the TDC and to the forum. I know you'll find a greatdeal of useful and motivating information here, as well as a wonderful community of people that are also following a LC way of eating.

I have to dash...dinner smells like it is ready. and I never miss a meal!!

Donald
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:24

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi Sandra:

Just stopping by to say hi and welcome to the Forum. I too am on hormone replacement but I don't think it is holding me back at least not yet. Hopefully it won't...think positive.

But most of all I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day!!

Rose

#8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 00:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
"This is a Journey of Love and Commitment to Myself"
Love your signature, Sandra!

Welcome to TDC! Hope your Birthday was a blast!

Looking forward to getting to know you~
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 18:35
Registered Member

Stats: 303/272/151
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile

Thank you to all of you for the welcome. It is good to know why I am not receiving email notification. Now I won't depend on them.

I have found a doctor (MD) who specializes in Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, Yeast issues and weight. He likes the plan that I am on for my weight because it is also the correct plan for an underlying yeast problem that I evidently have. In addition, he thinks I may have a bit of a sluggish thyroid and I will be trying some meds to see if there is an improvement in weight loss. I am most relieved to have finally found an experienced MD who is knowledgeable in my areas of complaint.

This lifestyle certainly does seem to fit my needs and it does explain why I am feeling ever so much better than I have in years.

Sandra
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 19:14

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Congrats....

...on finding the best support forum around. And I mean that quite honestly. Before I decided to permanently call this home, I explored several message boards, email groups, etc. and found none that even compare to this one!!! You will find support here, a kick in the rear if you need one, honesty, and laughter!!

Grab your water bottle, celebrate your success thus far, and read away!

Amy