Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:38

Plan: lap band...low carb
Stats: 225/181/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Don't Eat The Girl Scout Cookies

Yes....it is that time of year....and oh boy...I Had ordered all my favorities...right about the same time that I began Atkins...I'm sure if your anything like me, those little cookies....go crunch, crunch, crunch....and washed down with milk...OOOHHHH....FORGET ABOUT IT.....We've all come to far to fall back now...This is my 5th week...and no cookie is going to Get me Off the Wagon...So...We all should tell our little cookie monsters to go take a hike...Give them away, throw them away....or whatever, but we all Know that "We can't eat just One"......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:45

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Arrow I'm with you!

There is a thread on the forum about GS cookies you might find interesting. It sure seems like they time it to coincide to challenge everyone's New Year's Resolutions. What a challenge, too!

I ordered them and have indulged in one and my DH had 4 yesterday (at 7 g apiece--not the worst cheat in history--and his ration is 100 carbs a day). My kids and their friends will eat the rest (altho' now I feel sorta like a pusher!!).

But that's history. No outrageous cravings, thankfully. We've gotten over it and are moving on.

Pokey One
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 12:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/303/225 Male 5-8
BF:whopping!
Progress: 0%

Hmph...girl scout cookies abounded in the office today. One guy bought EVERYONE a box and started passing them out in here. I had no use for it. Didn't want, covet, nor crave it. Two weeks ago, I would have eaten the WHOLE box, but today, I just said "no thanks". Those little demons inside of that pretty box didn't get out to get me! It is weird though, not actually WANTING one!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 12:11

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Yeah, Im not sure that I'll have a problem with those cookies....my daughter sold 236 boxes and they're gonna be sittin' in my living room and I have to help her deliver them!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeek!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 16:30

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I remember eating an entire box, or maybe two, during a single day a work. Seemed OK at the time. No little sweeties asked me to buy cookies this year and I had resolved not to buy any from parents who were doing the selling for the girls. So, no temptation for me. I'll just make a cash donation when I see the cookie stands at the grocery in a few weeks. You know they will be there!!!

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 16:51

BF:

funny...this afternoon I did have a terrible craving for them when my grandaughter and grandson opened the box of cookies...I am keeping them for a few days while their mom and dad are out of town...That is the first time that that has happened to me in the past 5 weeks...I had the 4 year old all day, and picked up the grandaughter from school and went shopping...By the time I got home my head was splitting..and I was shaking..and my mind told me that I needed the cookie.....It may have just been a blood sugar drop after I sat and analized it..Before Atkins I had a blood sugar swing in a day from 45-285....I probably just didn't eat enough protien. .I didn't eat a cookie...But I did eat something. .I took 2 tbl cream cheese, tsp cocoa, and sweetner....and ate that...Perhaps, I was just feeding mycookie monster...Darn...But that stopped the shakes...If I had given in< I would all all 3 boxes...They are going home with the grandkids tomorrow....

Cindy...I agree with you...That's what I use to do alot instead of messing with the selling, just do a donation..

mobster...you did great...Hubby said that everyone this week has girl scout cookies everywhere...I think it's just a habit that we've all gotten into...Girlscout cookies....February...I sold them 35 years ago and have ate them every year since...LOL

Vicky...My daughter n law the brownie leader....you sould like her...***
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 19:40

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default OK, I take the "cookie"...

I pulled up to work today, and a giant Atlas moving van was unloading about 2000 cases of cookies...

Yes, you guessed it...I work for the Girl Scouts! Imagine that...there are cookies everywhere!!!!!! Calling my name, but I told them, especially the Samoas, that I just wasn't going to play their game this year. My thighs just can't handle it!!!! Go plop yourself on someone else's thigh!!!! (although not anyone on this forum!)

Someone already took my idea, but if you don't want cookies, the girls really appreciate donations! (and no, I don't get a cut!)

Thanks for your sympathy!!!!

Amy

(Get off of me, Samoa!!!)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 19:43

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default oh, the Samoas!

One time I did eat an entire box of Samoas in one sitting with a large glass of milk. It took me a while, but I did it. They WERE my favorite
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 19:46

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

My daughters' cookie orders didn't come in yet. They will be here next week. We personally bought 6 boxes (2 from each daughter) So I will have to fight not to have any. Maybe they will come in time for our trip to florida, then the girls eat a few on the plane...I will just have to make sure they sit far away from me
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 20:39

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Ok, cookies came in today.....I am staring at 232 boxes.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 01:22

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

Find a low carb substitute for the flavor, if not the cookie. For the Thin Mints, go get Russell Stover chocolate mint sugar free candy. For the Samoas R/S also makes a S'mores flavored sugar free (but it's a little higher in carbs). Thanks to Russell Stover I'll get thru G/S cookie season just fine!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 10:09

BF:

thanks kj....Kids are going home today...with them I'm sending the gs cookies...I'm over the crave now...
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 10:42

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ARE THE DEVIL'S WORK!!