Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 19:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211.5/200.5/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Thumbs down New and disappointed in myself tonite.

Hi,

I am new to this site. I am looking forward to the support this site can offer from other low carbers like myself.

I started Atkins with my Husband 11 days ago. As of this morning I have lost 10lbs. I am amazed at how this plan works. I have had some periods where I find it very difficult, but am learning how to deal with those.

As I said, I had been doing wonderful on this plan and was so proud of myself for sticking to it. But, tonite we had pizza!!! I had 2 slices and I feel horrible. I feel guilty, bloated and disgusting.

I know I have to get right back on plan and move forward, I can't believe how horrible I feel.

Has this happened to others, how do you deal with it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 19:14

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%

Has that happened to anybody else? Hahahahahahahahahaha...

All the time. You're right, get right back on the wagon. Isn't it amazing how bad those carbs make you feel? You can try to use that as a motivator to resist the temptation next time. You can also try the deep dish pizza in the recipe section if pizza is your downfall. (It was my craving during my first pregnancy - guess who gained a lot?)

It can be so easy to give in to temptation - it's happened to me more times than I care to admit. But forgive yourself, pick yourself up, and keep going. It's ok.

Best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 07:01

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

IT has happen to the best of us...and pizza is the number one emeny

Next time you are tempted by carbs, think to yourself, if I cheat, it will take me longer to reach my goal. You are really cheating yourself out of good health.

That is behind you...and you have a new day ahead of you. What are you going to do? It is your choice....get back up and start over? Sounds good to me!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 08:05
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Like they say, forgive yourself and move on. I am relatively new also and I cheated on Valentines day with some wine, it was red though to go with the day It wasn't the worst cheat in the world, and you did not let it go on until it was a binge, so just keep on the good track
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 08:47

Stats: 211.5/200.5/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Cool

Thanks everyone. I have put it behind me, and I am starting fresh today. We are getting blasted with snow here in NJ, so I just went out and shoveled. I feel much better about things today!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 08:41

Stats: 185/175/155
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Pizza Pizza, Can't Can't

Hey,
Glad to hear you're feeling better,
One thing that you might try (and if you're like me, you can lie to yourself pretty well, so be careful with this one), but if you are in a place where there is pizza and NOTHING else, then just scrape off the toppings. It's kinda difficult to get the red sauce off too, but after a little practice, you can pick all the good meat and cheese off and still be able to socialize and enjoy the people around you who are eating pizza and not stick out like some kind of picky weirdo. Remember, you can always eat something else later that is low carb if you don't fill up on the pizza toppings.
Anyway, this has worked for me so I thought I would share.
12 pounds in 3 weeks so far.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 08:54

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi izzy~
You are doing great. We have all been there, many times!! *L*
The hard thing about eating the refined carbs when you are doing the program is that it makes you crave more........it usually takes three days of eating the right things to get over it.......sometimes remembering that helps keep you from doing it........and sometimes you just say what the hell I'll deal with that later.
The important thing is to dust yourself off and keep going.................don't destroy your self esteem over it................every day you make descisions.......that was one and today you decide to be good to yourself........jsut keep doing the best you can~
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:22
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Izzy ,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better today. Hey, everybody's human and gives in to a little temptation now and again; don't beat yourself up about it. You are back on track, and I'm willing to bet you don't go near a slice of pizza for quite some time .

All the best with your continuing weight loss.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:25
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Don't forget - unless you are at a pizza hut type place there are other options for you to eat well at a pizzeria.

You can get steak sandwiches (minus the roll), burgers (minus the roll), pizza toppings (minus the crust), or a chef salad w/ high fat dressing...

Glad you are back on track with a better mindset today.

You can do this!!