Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 15:29

Plan: low carb/low sugar
Stats: 152/149/135
BF:?
Progress: 18%
Question low carb diet books

Hi,
I am trying to buy 1 book a week on low carb lifestyles. So far I have read Atkin's and protein power. Has anyone read "Life without bread?" It sounds interesting. I was going to go out and buy that one tomorrow. I like to read as much as I can on this subject. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 15:36

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up books are good

I have read "Life Without Bread." It was okay, full of lots of data, but kinda dry.

I would recommend the Dr. Schwarzbein books and the Protein Power Life Plan also. They are interesting and make alot of sense.

I used to warn folks about the "dangers of low carb diets," but the more books I have read, the more convinced I am that LCing is definitely the way to go.

hth,
Pokey One
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 16:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You'll get an excellent, low carb education!

Thin For Good by Fred Pescatore, M.D., former Atkins Center alumni. Potatoes Not Prozac by Kathleen DesMaisons. It's not specifically a low carb book but the brain chemistry parts of it are fascinating and illuminating. Fat Wars by Brad King. Not specifically low carb either but packed with solid information.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268.5/262/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I just want to suggest half.com to you. I recently started buying things from there and have found some really great prices. I found a brand new copy of protein power for $3.25 and that was after shipping. Just a thought if you're wanting to save a little $ while educating yourself.