Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 23:54

Plan: adkins
Stats: 187/179/145
BF:
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up weekly buddy

I just started the atkins diet again 2.5 weeks ago. and I am serious about losing weight. If anyone is interested in being my buddy I'd be thrilled. A commitment of at least once a week contact is what I need. Hey when I did the weight watchers thing for a while that once a week accountability kept me honest when I really wanted to cheat. Ive done this before and did lose 50 lbs (2 years ago) in 8 months. So I know the committment needed to see a diet through and am going to stick with it. I know I will lose weight. My mind is made up an that is all there is to it. Having a buddy would really make it nice for me. Now lets talk about what you might need in a buddy . .......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 23:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/215/185
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile Hi Meow

Hey how cool, you live in Washington State, I do too. I live in Kirkland, where do you live? I will be your support buddy. I myself just started the Atkins on January 20th and I'm loving it. Someone started a thread for people from Seattle or Washington state having a in-state support group that maybe sometime we could all meet or something sometime, a few of us replied but have not made any definate plans yet. Anyway so happy to see another Washingtonian low-carber. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck and hang in there low-carbing is great I think.

Take Care,
Corey
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 02:26

BF:

hi, and many thanks for your reply, I started the atkins again (after 2 years) 1/21/03. I day after you. Isnt that amazing, middle of the week and everything. Down the road a bit I wouldnt mind getting together with a group of washington staters. I am in Gig harbor. AS far as the buddy thing goes I can reply for sure either sun or mon as those are my days off. sometimes sooner then that but that just depends on what has to be done during the week. Frequently I dont even look at my mail till my days off. Im planning on getting to the library and re reading the atkins book. I believe I am following it quite close but weight is still at a 5 lb loss and no keytones are showing up. got some new sticks today but they also are negative. I am going to give up the 1 carb/tsp powder creamer and got half and half today. and give up the caffine. got decalf tea/coffee today. tomorro ill pick up diet rite peach soda instead of calf free diet coke. right now i just cant gag down plain h2o. a future goal is to get on the exercise bike. thanks again Hows it going for yor?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/215/185
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile Hi Meow

How is everything going for you? I'm doing great here!
Yeah I would love to get some people together like once a month or so to discuss and offer advice on our low-carb diets. I might try posting a message and see if anyone is interested. Hey also if you want you can email me at issyglassguy~hotmail.com
Maybe down the road we will have some people together to meet, maybe for our first meeting we could all meet at a Outback Steakhouse and have a nice steak too
Well, wanted to check in and see how you were doing.
Hope to talk to you soon

Corey
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 00:26

BF:
Wink week 1 with buddy

hi, how is atkins going for you? One major development for me is I started journaling exactly what carbs I eat. besides figuring my guestimations were off. I started burning keytones the next day. its been about 4 days and Im moderate on the keytone stick. have lost 1 lb this week. The library is backlogged on the atkins book so I just went out and bought one which I am reading. got to go till next week. mm
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 23:47

BF:
Exclamation I month of atkins complete

I guess I should be happy becouse Im in the 170,s well so what if it is at the very top. BUt I just thought since I was sticking to it fairly well. at least burning key tones I would be losing faster. I have no choice I will have to axe the tea and its accompaniments. I just bought some great tea too. Oh well if this dosnt work after 1 week off the tea Ill go back to it. I did that today and actually drank water. not near enough I m still working on the first 500ml bottle. and thats only becouse Im thirsty. Im just in a griping mood today. Well this week will be better right?? Hope your week was what you hoped. Do you weigh every day? I do and when the scale says the same weight 3days I count it as accurate. got to go...mewomiss