Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 23:24

Plan: The Zone and Weight Watchers
Stats: 150/134/115
BF:
Progress: 46%
Unhappy Feeling bad-Any advice?

I am on Dr Bernstein's diet clinic and I don't feel good. I feel stiff
and depressed. I cannot seem to regulate my potassium intake.
This diet uses a lot of potassium pills.

I don't feel safe. I have constant tingling in my hands and feel kind of out of it all the time.

My sleep is all screwed up.

Does anyone have any advice?
I am on the point of calling telehealth Ontario.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 01:05
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi pogamer!

I'm sorry we can't help you out here. Unfortunately, that is a proprietary plan, where the information is available only to private members who pay to attend the clinics, etc. We cannot give advice on plans where books and information are not available to the public.

If you would like to join the vast, low-carb community we have here, we would be more than happy to help you out on your low-carb journey.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 12:08

Plan: The Zone and Weight Watchers
Stats: 150/134/115
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Thank you for your reply

Thank you,
I have lost 9 pounds in two weeks on this diet. It works but,
I don't know if it is worth it. I get stiff muscles, sleep badly, snap at everyone and do everything more slowly. It is true that I do not feel hungry but, I think I would rather feel hungry and lose about 2-3 pounds a week on a plan where I felt better. The only problem is that a slower diet is hard to stick to.

I am a little bit of a hypochondriac so as soon as something goes wrong I get very anxious and that makes it worse. The effects are worst late at night so I will see how I feel again this evening.

I am surprised that there aren't more of Dr. Bernstein's patients in this forum since it is a Canadian forum and he has thirty clinics in this country.

I am really glad I found this forum and I will post a proper introduction soon.

Thanks.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 12:39
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

As I said, we only support published plans that can be used freely by anyone. There was a Yahoo Group for the clinic but it was shut down by the clinic last year. The members were not allowed to publicly discuss it. SOmehow, they started to migrate over here and we had to close the thread before we came under scrutiny too.

You may want to have a look at Which Low Carb Plan is Right for Me? to the right of the page. It has a synopsis of all the most popular plans.

Low-carbing is not necassarily quick, but what we are looking for with low-carbing is a lifetime of health and sustainable weight loss by completely changing our eating habits. Besides it's free! All you have to do is buy the right food.

Karen