Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Introduction

Hello,

I am new to the Atkins diet as of January 4th this year. I made a New Years resolution I intend to live with for a long, long time.

I recently saw something in the news about how women that turn 40 and are obese can shorten their lives by as much as 14 years. I am watching my 40th birthday approaching quickly (July 14th this year), and decided to be forty and fit and fabulous!

I look forward to sharing not only my experiences with you, but to sharing in yours, as well.

I have been browsing the boards for a few days, and feel you can be supportive, funny, and caring. All the things a new dieter needs!

~Fantasia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 21:15
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hiya and welcome! Best of luck getting into shape as your 40th birthday gift to yourself!

Feel free to start a journal - it's a great way to exchange experiences and get help if you run into problems.

Enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 10:45

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome

Hi fantasia,

Just stopped by to welcome you and wishing you much success on your LC WOL/journey! As I did a short while back,you dropped by the right place.

The best advice for here is to start the journal ,as Kristine suggests, and we will all peek into it and get to know you and be there for you when you might need us for support.

Have a Happy LC day...looking forward to each one..

Linda
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 12:02

Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Thank you for the warm welcome. I too, think I came by the right place. Been lurking here for a while, and decided this is a place I would feel at home.

~Fantasia
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 12:49

Stats: 189/159/145 Female 63 inches
BF:40%/39%/low
Progress: 68%
Default Welcome

Welcome Fantasia!!

As the others said... start a journal... it's helped me stay strong!

Take a look at other journals to get your bearings.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 09:52

Plan: atkins phase 2
Stats: 375/346/200 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default HELLO

HELLO Fantasia,
I thought i would write to you . I also started atkins But this weeks ago I am glad to see how well you have done. I also am turning 40 In July 1st. And I thought I better do something or I wont be here. I am a very happy person. And i am doing good on this diet. If you have any good recipes let me know