Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 16:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/155/140 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:100% sure I got it
Progress: 57%

I make something like this for my husband, but I whip the whipping cream with a hand mixer, add vanilla, splenda and a little natural peanut butter. Then freeze it. He loves peanut butter, keeps him on the right path.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 00:33

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Hmmm, now I've just gotten the idea to try some Russell Stover or Hersheys 1 Net Carb Reese's mixed with heavy cream to make some ice cream. I'll give it a go soon.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 10:19
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm going to try this with coconut milk instead of cream. Or coconut cream even.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 10:21

Plan: Whole Foods/Low Carb
Stats: 306/248/198 Female 5'9"
BF: Jeans:26/20/16
Progress: 54%

That's how I make ice cream too (coconut milk and cream).
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 10:36

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

I tried to make the frozen chocolate pieces version, but it didn't have the same cool texture as the blueberry. It DID still taste good, and adding a bit of cream cheese made the texture more how I like it.

Hard to call it a failure if you eat it all

I did finally add a photo in case anyone wants to see...
http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2...-ice-cream.html
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 10:42

Plan: Whole Foods/Low Carb
Stats: 306/248/198 Female 5'9"
BF: Jeans:26/20/16
Progress: 54%

That looks delicious!

Have you ever used mascarpone cheese to make ice cream? It is so good!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 10:47

BF:

Noooo...but I am intrigued
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I have a question about the magic bullet...

Can you do liquids in it? I see you're doing cream in it. But, I mean does the manual say it's OK to do liquids?

I saw the "Kitchen Assitant" made by Sunbeam that looks exactly like the MB at Walmart, but the manual says NO LIQUIDS. I opened a box to see what the manual said before DH bought me one for my birthday. I really wanted that thing, but when it said no liquids that made it impractical for me.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 18:56

BF:

Here are a bunch of reviews Elle. People either seem to love it or hate it but they are using it for liquids.

http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/magic_bullet

Since the price has come way down recently, I would say it might be worth a try if the old Black & Decker dies on me. (I have had that thing for 12 years and it still works great!!)
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 19:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/285/210 Male six feet, four inches
BF:
Progress:

You can do liquids in the magic bullet. In fact, whenever I use it, liquids are usually involved. I often use it for protein shakes. It incorporates the ice quite nicely. I also use it to grind nuts. I do not like using it for other things like chopping. It really pulverizes things like eggs when I make tuna salad

Some of my family members have magic bullet knock offs. I think the brand name is Bella Cucina, they were on sale at Macy's over a year ago for about 20.00 each. The knock offs are the same as the original magic bullet. Pretty much the same performance and I have used liquids in the Bella Cucina.

In my first post I mentioned the cocoa and heavy cream dessert, I think I should point out an important point. Everytime I make it, I use erythritol along with some splenda. Erythritol makes a big difference in terms of texture. In another low carb message board, there is a long thread about homemade ice cream and the fact that when someone only uses splenda as a sweetener in frozen treats, the final product is rock hard. But with erythritol, the final product will be scoopable and a nice texture, somewhat reminiscant of store bought ice cream.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-09, 20:27

Stats: 250/232/150 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 18%

I thought I would bump this up as berry season is upon us.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-09, 13:36

BF:

I have seen blueberries on sale in several places. I was going to try the melon version, but my son ate my cantaloup while I was at work ::grrrrrrr
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-09, 14:20

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

My friend does this with yogurt rather than cream. Mmmmm ... frozen yogurt is an old favourite of mine!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 17:59

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Was going to make a post of my own about sf ice cream. Glad found this..but heres what I was asking anyway..

Well, finaly dragged out the ice cream maker. It is a small little thing that (demi brand) that makes great ice cream. The rest of the family still has that amazing frosted choc. cake to eat and I've been craving something sweet. So, cleaning out the cupboards this afternoon I found the ice cream maker. After some serious thinking I decided I'd try making some sf ice cream, i had whipping cream in the fridge, and a box of pitascho (spelling) sf pudding. I mixed up a batch of vanilla sf ice cream using splenda, and added the box. Its mixing right now. Of course the reason I was hesitant was the fact that everyone is gonna want to try it, which is good, but the down side is everyone can eat what i am making and I can't touch the cake. Knock on the door, ..yup, just what I thought. An army of kids, "is that an ice cream maker?" told them nope, its a banana maker. So, everyone will be trying it. Told them they probably wont like it since its sf.

This machine doesn't use rock salt or anything else, and is done in 30 min. does anyone have varations of sf ice cream recipes that they use for their maker?

I want to make some ice cream for the family for the fourth, but would like to have some i can eat as well. Hopefully it comes out.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 19:03

Stats: 204/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I'm so glad I found this recipe! I had been searching for something sweet RIGHT NOW! Needed a fix.
I usually have Bawdy's Cheesecake, but get tired of making it.
I had to add more sweetner also tried a little bit of SF choc sauce with it mmm- BOY does this make a lot... more than I need or want. GOOD DEAL!