Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 15:36

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%
Default Big Losers

I was wondering if anyone here has lost their weight entirely on CAD/CALP and has lost a significant amount. Most of us, except Zuleinka seem to be in the early stages. Am I correct?

I'm just interested how long most of us have been on this plan and it's success rate. Istarted two weeks ago and am down 4 pounds. I'm content with that and hope it keeps up. It's pretty easy, but cravings or not it takes some getting used to not to pop this and that into my mouth in the kitchen. I do home childcare so food is a major part of the whole day. So far, so good. I haven't messed up yet. Everytime, I catch myself, I think of that little sugar surge and the effect it could have for the day and stop!

Anyway, just being nosey!

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 22:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 233/176/155
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Deb,

I've been on CAD/CALP for about 2 1/2 years. During that time, I've "fallen off the wagon" a few times, so it took me that long to lose 70 lbs . I only had between 8-13 lbs left to go before I reached my goal weight, but I got discouraged because I had reached a plateau. So a few months ago I decided to go on Atkins with my husband. Wrong decision!!! I put on 15 lbs in just a few weeks time!! So I am now back on CAD.

I know this is the way I'll be eating for the rest of my life, and I'm content with it. First of all, when I've gone back to eating like I used to, in no time at all, I can't fit into my clothes anymore. Plus, this diet is healthy and I believe that it will prevent me from getting diabetes, which runs in my family AND which also has become a nationwide epidemic.

Anyway, good luck losing weight. We're all behind you
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Karen

Last edited by Karen Fait : Tue, Jan-28-03 at 22:52.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 08:30

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%

Dear Debs

I have been CADing this time since Jan 1st 2003 and so far have lost 7lb.

I was on Atkins for a while and did really well to begin with, but then I got fed up with the restrictions on that diet and I knew I would'nt be able to keep to it. So I had a look around and found the CAD plan.

I've had my ups and downs while on CAD, but thats due to personal things not the plan. I have now been back on the plan since Jan and have occasionally lapsed, but 99% good.

My weight loss is slow, so I have begun exercising last week and hope that will make it begin to move.

Hope that helps
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 08:44

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up So far...

I started CAD on Sept 3, 2002 and have lost about 50lbs so far. CAD is the only low-carb diet I have done lately, although I did try the old Atkins plan back when I was a teenager with no success.

If this diet "fits" you, you will know quite soon. And when it is right, it is a wonderful WOE.

Good luck.
Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 11:25

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

I've been on CAD since 10/28/02 (three months) and have lost 20 pounds.

BUT if I were to count how many actual pounds I've lost using this woe, than it'd be more like 33, because of the 13 lbs I gained from going off Xmas and then off New Years. But my weight is 20 lbs lower than when I started.

Hehehe, I LOVE this woe!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:27

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up lost weight

I've lost about 5 lbs. since starting CAD, and then I went off and lost and gained another 5 lbs.

I don't have a lot more to lose, but I am confident that I can continue on this plan. It is easy to do, and not self denying-which can send you into a binge, I know, I've tried others, and this works for ME.

I have another friend (not on this board) who lost 30 lbs. on CAD and has kept it off for over a year.

We just view it as a WOL.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 13:01

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Deb

I have been on CAD since Dec 30 2002, so far I have lost 8lbs
I also have tried Atkins about a year ago, and lost over 10lbs
in three weeks, but It wasn't for me, I thought about food all
the time and felt I couldn't do it as a way of life. This plan is
the opposite, I don't feel deprived at all, because of the RM
and I am actually, willingly not eating too many sugary desserts
like I did the first two weeks.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 13:34
Registered Member

Stats: 221/213/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Wink thinking of switching

Hello everyone,

I am currently on Atkins, but like you said, I am thinking about food all the time!!....I really miss bread, and I think that if I could have some, I would stop obssessing about it so much!!
I bought the original CAD book today and I am going to have a look through it for the next few days....I really hope it suits me better. I have lost 8 LBs in 11 days on Atkins, but even the thrill of having lost is being overshadowed by my craving for foods I am not allowed to have....
Thanks for listening!!
mommy2nick
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 16:35

BF:

This is so great that you all answered and with such encouragement. I really do love this WOE and it works so beautifully with my love , but it's just hard to beleive that it can be this easy. I keep waiting for something bad to happen. I was reading all the stories in the CAD book and thought they were great, but you always wonder if they are real people. I guess I'm a skeptic. But WOW!!!!! There have been some wonderful losses here. You are all doing so well even with a few roadblocks and detours. There are no straight lines to anything so progress is progress and that's the best we can do.

I feel so uplifted to know this can work. Thanks for responding with all your stories. WAHOO!!!

Deb
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 16:37

BF:

Life - not love....although it's working well with him too!

(Should have used that preview button )

Deb
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 08:37
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

I started on CALP on Dec 14, 2002 and am down 18 lbs so far. Even better, my out of control blood sugar problems have vanished.

What a change not feeling sick and not being hungry all of the time. I can go 7+ hours between meals instead of 4, and never have the blood sugar crashes and shakes. There used to be know way I could go hiking after work without fueling first, but now I can go hike our property (15 acres of steep hills) before I eat with no weakness or fatigue.

Lynda
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 17:57

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Oh I know, isn't it amazing! If I eat a light CM breakfast, a good sized RM lunch than most days I never even need to eat a CM dinner. In fact, the times that I do feel either pressured to eat something for dinner or am a bit hungry I have a CS instead of a full CM.

Lol, cravings? What's that?? Hahahaha....
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 19:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 235/219/130
BF:45%/42%/20%
Progress: 15%

I have only been on the CALP for a few days...switched from Atkins, and I feel so much better already. I am not tired and thinking about food all the time. I had breakfast today, and now it is 6pm and I am going to go eat dinner...lunch? was not hungry..what a difference! I still have energy and I already love this WOL....I love veggies and my rolled oats...done right, I can be "legal" and enjoy the things I like...