Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 06:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/160/140
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Weight Loss Plateau - Is this Common in 1st month?

I started Adkins on 1/1/03 and lost 11 lbs the first 2 weeks, but nothing since then. I've changed nothing in my eating or exercising routine. Is this a common occurence? Any ideas for re-igniting the weight loss?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/148/115
BF:
Progress: 6%
Smile

I am guessing that it depends on the person, have you done any exercise? That might help jumpstart it. Drink lots of water too.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:06

Stats: 150/148/115
BF:

Sorry I missed the exercise part. Okay I have a second idea. Maybe you should try to switch it up and do a different exercise or try different foods. Thats all I know to suggest. Goodluck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:22

Plan: General Low carb
Stats: 302/295/185 Female 5'11
BF:

Hi Lucy!
Here's my 2 cents. Start a journal, and post your menus daily, more often then not people stop in with tips and encouragment and will definately point out areas that they think you could improve in. IE: Cutting or adding carbs here and there.

To get an idea you can click on the little journal button at the bottom of my post here and check out mine.

Best of luck to you, 11 pounds is a GREAT start!

Take care,
Tammy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 11:06
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Smile Don't worry!

YES! It's VERY common for weight loss to dramatically slow down or even stop somewhere in the 3 weeks following induction. It's also common for people to get discouraged at this point and give up....thinking it's just another failed diet!! But that's not the case; it's just your body adjusting to the many changes you've been putting it through. Just hang in there, STICK WITH THE PLAN, and relax. The weight will start dropping again!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:17
Italian Princess

Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy I hope so!

I hope it's common (and that it goes away soon)! I lost 13 lbs the first 9 days, ut I have not lost anymore since. Now at the end of my third week, still no more loss.

I posted the same question and got lots of great responses here.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...?threadid=81937
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 13:04

Stats: 190/160/140
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default thanks for the replies

Thanks to all for the good ideas and encourgement. I plan to keep the LC'ing up. I'll keep you posted...
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 13:33

Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%

I lost 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks, week 3 nothing, and the last part of week 4 I lost 3 more pounds!

They tell me that it is just your body adjusting to the weight loss and WOE. Don't give up...it WILL happen!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 17:48

Stats: 215/188/190
BF:
Progress: 108%
Default Not stalled just changing

Hi there :

I hear ya! My husband and I started at the same time you did,
he is still dropping the pounds each week. I stopped after the second week and haven't moved since. I tape measure is the only thing at this point that is keeping me going. The plan is great. I don't intend to move off of the induction plan till the scale starts moving again god I hope its soon because it drive me just about crazy to see my husband getting that little extra while I do with out.

Have faith it'll happen from what everyone says.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 19:51
Fat and Middle Aged!

Plan: LC
Stats: 000/000/160 Female 6'0''
BF:LOTS AND LOTS
Progress: 0%
Default Same Boat

Gofaster, I am in the same boat with my husband! We eat the same things and the weight just falls off of him,. and I am getting so discouraged, I am so good and the scale isn't budging!!! Guys have it easier I think, at least my guy does.....

I think it's because I am not exercising, but I have no energy. I am really discouraged, I did this WOE last year and lost much quicker, I have my old journal to back and look at!!! last year when I was eating low carb I had tons of energy and felt so good... I am doing everything just about the same, but I am really lethargic and just plain feel yuck most of the time!! I am trying to cut my carbs way down... I don't know....

It's like an evil cycle... no exercise no energy, no energy then I can't make myself get up and exercise!
AHHHH!!!