Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Travel troubles

OK...I blew it on Monday. I had to travel to another city for a meeting so I hit the McDonald's drive thru....ordered 2 egg mcmuffins and a large coffee...I ordered the meals because it was cheaper. Well....I opened the wrapper and had every intention of removing the muffin....and I didn't. I ate half of it before I finally got some semblance of a grip and took one side of the remaining muffin off. To make matters worse there were 3 hashbrowns in the bag...and I ate them all.....I relished them....sigh! I took one side of the muffin off the second sandwich and ate it, throwing away the other half of the muffin. I had a regular coffee with double cream and was shaking by the time I arrived in Prince Albert an hour and a half later. I was shaky for the remainder of the morning and into the afternoon.

I did okay at lunch, eating a small salad and 2 pieces of chicken (scraped off the breading and mushroom sauce) and a ton of water, but then broke down and had a blueberry-filled bannock with icing. (yes...i'm seeing the snowball rolliing down the mountain)

On my way home I stopped at McDonald's again and got a Jr. Big Xtra with cheese and a cheeseburger happy meal with a diet coke....god the insanity of it all.

In Saskatoon my hubby asked me to get him a sub at Subway so I got 2 for him and one for myself. I ate it when I got home.

I didn't feel ashamed...just tired....and frustrated. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I know to ask for it without the muffin next time...and to be good to myself and pay more not to get the hashbrowns, although on some level...I really wanted them.

This was after 14 days on Induction ....and I was feeling so frustrated. I know part of it was the addictive thinking creeping back, telling me, go ahead....what difference does it make...it's not working anyways. I think it's the bacon I've been eating that's causing my stalls so I'm going to aviod it and ham , which I had last night...so there must be something in it, as mine had no nitrates, that causes me to blank out.

I've been good up until today....here we go again...I'm good or I'm bad, based on what I eat? what horse sh*t!....I had a piece of chocolate birthday cake after I ate my salad at lunch. Snuck it into my office like some kind of god****** junkie to eat with the door closed...like I'm supposed to be ashamed of myself or feel guilty. I'm not....honestly and truly....I just have to keep trying.

When I compare this to the way I used to eat...I'm still out in front by MILES!!!! I'm proud of me...I'm not perfect....I'm learning my lessons as I go. I'll keep trying, but I'm not lying anymore. It's the shame that kept me stuck for so many years. Thanks for letting me share. Keep coming back!!

Nicole

Last edited by Wolfiesask : Thu, Jan-23-03 at 16:38.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 21:05

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 182/145/145
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi.

I have been checking out this forum but have not had time to say hi.

I find that when I eat something I know I shouldn't have, I tell Mom (who is also on Adkins) and she, knowing how it is, will tell me it's ok just start again.

Christmas I did splurg and ate the stuffing etc. I even tried some of the cookies that I slaved over and I thought they were way too sweet and I couldn't even finish one cookie. I also noticed that when I do cheat, those foods that I thought I was craving so badly don't taste as good as I remember them.

I do find that when I am out working for the day and get hungry it is hard to pass up the fast food, but when I do and just pop into a store and quickly grab a lunchmeat and maybe string cheese it's not exactly what I wanted but it stops my hunger.

So for me, confessing that I messed up helps. Then I just start again.

Have a great day!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/202/150
BF:40%
Progress: 9%

Wow, sounds like something I do all the time. I don't know how to stop this. In my heart I know it's wrong.

I found the best way is avoidance. Just as you'd avoid a person who's a pain, avoid the food which eventually gives you pain. I stay away from bakeries and fast food (which I don't like anyway). The worse thing is when someone else in the house is cooking and the wonderful aroma of forbidden food is flooding my area. Then they invite me to try some...... I should say no, but how?

I would decline if somebody asked me to get goodies for them as I''m sure they'd end up in my stomach. We hate to say no to loved ones or colleagues but it's really saying YES to ourselves!

Chiqui