Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:55
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Question Can the RM meal be too big?

I'm doing the rm meal with 1/3 veggies, 1/3 meat, and 1/3 carbs.
I sometimes have a dessert but not often.
My question is this: Could the fact my evening meal is bigger than my lunch and Breakfast combined be the reason I'm hungry during the day? I bring my breakfast and Lunch to work so I usually have a shake for breakfast and a meat veggie dish for lunch.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 20:49

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Maybe you're hungry during the day because your CM 's are not big enough. Are you using the full portion that you are allowed or trying to cut it down? Maybe you could add a some butter to your veggies or a full fat salad dressing to your salad and you would feel full for longer periods of time. I wouldn't try to cut everything to the bone. With me it usually means hunger and no weight loss anyway, so I pretty much eat whatever is allowed.

Deb
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 07:25

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile I second what Deb said.

I find that having some fat with breakfast and lunch seems to "tide me over" a lot better than a meal without fat.

The only other thing I can think of is to try having your RM for lunch.. but then that might not fit in with your family life... it wouldn't for me.

Also.. are we talking physical, empty-feeling hunger.. or craving to eat something. If it is the latter, then it could be something setting you off that you haven't though of yet.

Good luck, you will get it figured out!
Tracy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%

I don't think having a large RM makes you hungry during the day. My RMs are always huge compared to my CMs, but I'm never hungry during the day.

It's more likely that something that you're eating at your CMs is setting off cravings. I know that the Hellers are not big fans of shakes ... if yours contains and artificial sweetener, that could cause cravings ... it does in some people. Also, make sure that the veggies you eat at lunch are on the allowed list (no brocolli, snow peas, carrots) or your carb count could get above 4 and set off cravings.