Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 20:33

Plan: protein power
Stats: 195/185/150
BF:start/44.35
Progress: 22%
Wink Hello, all

Hello everyone!

I just want to introduce myself and let you know why Im here.
My name is lee, I am 45 years young, a mother of three grown children and a wife of 27 years.

I have just begun the Protein Power way to health. And I am very hyped about it.

I was on the Adkins diet several years ago for about a year and lost 45#. I was able to maintain the weight loss until about a year ago. And then I went back to my old ways of eating and drinking and gained 25# back! I should have know better, but...... you know how it goes.
Now I have high blood preasure and high cholesteral, so I have some serious reasons to loose the next 45#.

Well, I look forward to chating with all in the coming months.
Thanks for being here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 20:55
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Smile

Well, Leg....you've come to the right place!!! We'll help you all we can to reach those goals with friendship and support. This is a wonderful place and we're glad you joined us!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 22:13

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum! You already know that LCing works, so the next part is to try to assimilate the permanency of the changes. I'm still in the initial weight-loss part, haven't tried maintenance yet, so I don't have experience in that area, but I just try to tell myself that this is how I will be eating for the rest of my life. So this time, when you loose the weight, you can keep it off.

I hope you find lots of support here! And best of luck with Protein Power. That's what I follow, and I love it.

By the way, I was born in northern Virginia and grew up there--only moved away last summer. I miss it!! What part of VA are you from?

Best, Kypraia
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 10:17

Plan: protein power
Stats: 195/185/150
BF:start/44.35
Progress: 22%
Smile Thanks for the encouragement

Thanks for the encouragement and the warm welcome. Your absolutly right, I have told myself that this is the way I have to eat for the rest of my life! I have come to the conclusion that it is like I am allergic to sugar and wheat, since my body doent seem to asimilate it properly. Hopefully I will be able to retain this thought set for ever.
Thanks again

PS: I live in the Northern Neck