Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/122/110 Female 5 ft 3
BF:I wish I knew
Progress: 40%
Unhappy Yup, I fell

After almost 1 week of following Atkins to the tee and not seeing any results, I fell in. I was at a dinner party and binged like crazy on cake, lasagna, you name it. And I continued to binge when I got home.

I don't know if this way of life will work for me--I didn't see any results. I don't understand what I was doing wrong--I don' t have any other medications I'm taking, nor do I have a thyroid problem. Is it just a matter of patience? More exercise?

If I do try to start again, I'm planning for January 21st--this is after all my other public eating gatherings. There are only two reasons that I'm keeping hope. They are:

1) So many people from this forum seem to be benefitting from it.

2) I never had a desire to binge with a low carb way of eating. It is only when I eat the popular way of eating with carbs that I get urges to binge.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Yup, I fell

Quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful
I never had a desire to binge with a low carb way of eating. It is only when I eat the popular way of eating with carbs that I get urges to binge.

The benefits are obvious. Are you possibly being too strict with yourself since you only have a few pounds to lose? Maybe another plan with a few more carbs would benefit you. Have you looked at the comparison of plans on this site?