Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 07:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/263/175
BF:approx. 36%
Progress: 0%
Cool THis week's people Magazine....

Did anyone see this week's people magazine? The title is "Half their size". They tell the story of 6 people who lost HUGE amounts of weight. I held my breath to see if Atkins was mentioned and got some positive attention - and sure enough, a lady that went from 300 to 135 used Atkins for the first 40 pounds, and then used "modified Atkins" to lose the rest (with lots of exercise, of course). The before and after pics are truly inspiring, regardless of HOW they lost the weight. Check it out if you can....it's worth the read.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 08:18

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I can't wait to see it...I'm a before/after pics, success story fiend! Thanks for the heads-up!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:50

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Me too! Me too!

I can't get enough of success stories. They had one in the Star Diet special with a gal who had lost 170 pounds on Atkins. Absolutely amazing pics!