Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 18:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/167.5/150
BF:FAT
Progress: 58%
Unhappy itchy dermo and weak nails

Since being on LC, which is going great guns for me, I have had Itchy fingers with dermitites (I've had before but not this bad) and my finger nails are weaker. Has anyone got suggestions please.

Also my partner started LC with me but he is suffering light headness and bad headaches. He has gone cold turkey off his black tea's and coffee. Do you think this could be the reason

Sue
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 19:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/157/125 Female 5' 2"
BF:28%/28%/20%
Progress: 14%

Hi Sue!

Looks like you've only been LC'ing since the beginning of the year, so it's doubtful that that is the cause of weak nails. Takes months for nails to grow out from the base to the tip. Perhaps something else months ago caused this condition.

I have many food allergies and they became more apparent when I started LC'ing, but that's because I'm allergic to eggs and I'm eating plenty of them! Perhaps something in your diet is causing the dermatitis. Really hard to say.

Headaches and lightheadedness are fairly common conditions in the beginning of this WOE. Usually it clears up within several days. Coming off of caffein also causes headaches, so your partner is probably getting it from all sides. The lightheadedness however, can be remedied by adding supplements, particularly potassium to the diet. Make sure your partner is eating enough as well.

Hope you're both feeling better is a few more days!