Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 11:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/317/180
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default New to the forum

Hello everyone, glad to see I am in such fine company and that I am not the only one with so much to loose. I am glad to find this way of eating and also this forum for support. I feel comfortable eating this way, it is really a lot easier for me and my way of life than anything else I have tried. I was talking to a friend of mine about a month ago, and he was going to have his stomach stappled - ugh. That just scared the heck out of me. I feel a lot happier doing this.

I have only been at it for four days, yet I awoke this morning actually feeling like doing something around the house. This is amazing. It feels like I have a new lease on life.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 11:56

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
It feels like I have a new lease on life.

That is because you do!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 12:10
Registered Member

Stats: 350/340/186
BF:
Progress: 6%

I was also looking into stomach stapling at one time. But the more I looked into it the more I came to see that it came with its own set of problems; some of them a lot more serious than induction nausea.

And the funny thing is that I read a few articles saying that there was a problem with people learning they could get around their smaller stomach limitations by melting half gallons of ice cream or putting high calorie food in a blender. They were gaining weight and their stomach still were stapled. Not a good situation.

Besides, how would you rather lose weight, having the stomach god created mutilated into a three ounce pouch, or having this for dinner:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=29507

I realize that some people just don't have an alternative and that for them stomach limiting surgery is a god send and the only way out of their overweight nightmare. But I'm glad I have an alternative and here I am taking advantage of it.

The forum boards are a great resource. I have learned so much about low carb while lurking here over the last three months. I have so much more to learn.

Nice to meet you here.

slowday
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 13:15
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome aboard! For many of us in the Triple Digits Club low carbing was our last alternative before surgery. I am amazed at how easy this way of eating has been for me to maintain after years of trying to unsuccessfully stick to a low fat diet. It's sad it had to be our last alternative, if should be the first thing doctors suggest, but no doctor ever mentioned it to me. I only learned about low carbing after reading an article in the New York Times last July.

Please keep us posted on how you do. This forum is a very supportive place.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 14:13
Registered Member

Stats: 360/289/195
BF:
Progress: 43%
Smile Welcome, welcome, welcome!

It seems that we share similar stats.

I don't think that I could stick with many other diets, this one is EASY in my opinion.

Keep up the great work.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 19:59

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Gang, I'm a newbie to this forum, but certainly not a newbie to being low carb. I have been doing this for over 2 years now and have lost over 200lbs. I still have alittle ways to go, but i am getting there. I lost most of my weight in my first year, and during the 2nd, i had afew health problems so that slowed my progress, but now i am back to speed. I haven't had any surgery nor have i taken any medications to help with my loss. Just determination, avoidance of foods that i am addicted to and exercising every day, yes EVERY DAY. And don't forget to drink your water! Good luck everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 15:52

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

Hello to all the new forum members.

I look forward to seeing all of the progress you will make!

CanadianT: Wow! You have had great success LC'ing. One day at a time...This is the way to go!
(The exercise & water sure help too!)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 326.5/312/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianT
Hi Gang, I'm a newbie to this forum, but certainly not a newbie to being low carb. I have been doing this for over 2 years now and have lost over 200lbs. I still have alittle ways to go, but i am getting there. I lost most of my weight in my first year, and during the 2nd, i had afew health problems so that slowed my progress, but now i am back to speed. I haven't had any surgery nor have i taken any medications to help with my loss. Just determination, avoidance of foods that i am addicted to and exercising every day, yes EVERY DAY. And don't forget to drink your water! Good luck everyone!

Welcome CDawg! I am a newbie too but have found that even just reading here is a tremendous encouragement!

Wow CanadianT!! I am just beginning my LC journey and seeing successful people helps me alot! Thanks for the inspiration.

I know someone who had the stomach altering surgery and if they had it to do over again would not do it. It has been one health problem after another and they still struggle to keep their weight down.

Blessings and happy LCing everyone!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 18:41

Plan: MEAT AND LOTS OF GREEN VE
Stats: 292.7/280/180 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 11%

WELCOME CDAWG & CANADIANT

You've come to the right place for support...

Cdawg, I see you've already started your journal..

Canadian...please start yours, and tell us all your story..

GAP