Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 19:42

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 245/240/190 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Just curious about cleanses

On another board I read, several people have been talking about liver and kidney and colon cleanses. You know, to help with stalls and overall weight loss. Now, one they talk about is very scary to me. It involves HCl (hydrochloric acid) and epsom salts (lots).
I was just wondering you guys' take on flushing out toxins. Instead of making a mixture, I would rather go to a health food store than drink acid! Yuck!
Not rushing out to see what nastiness I can put in my body. Not really considering it, just curious.

Goofy question, but wondering what the sane take on all this talk is.

PS. My son really likes the puking smiley. Here's one for him
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 20:59
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

There was a period not too long ago where there was some discussion about colon and liver cleansing....and actually, while doing research about arthritis today, I came across some info about the same topic. I can't really give an "educated" opinion, but I think I'd just rather take my chances than go through a colon cleansing process! I think it's a bunch of hooey. The site I read today actually proposed that one have all metal fillings removed from your mouth and replaced with other materials before starting any cleansing process. (Yeah, RIGHT!!) A liver cleanse is a slightly different and far less drastic protocol, which I think could possibly have some benefits. But I wouldn't take part in anything beyond a modified diet (involving only natural whole foods) for a week or two, such as the Fat Flush Plan.

That's my $.02.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 21:26

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 245/240/190 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I thought that way too. Just was wondering what others thought. A good two cents.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 00:39
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I think it's a bunch of hooey.

I'm with Teri! Liver cleanses may have some value, but colon cleanses are just plain scary.

And when it comes to clearing out toxins, our bodies do that automatically all by themselves. In fact colon cleanses can do way more harm than good.

My $0.02.

Rosebud (RN for more years than I care to remember )