Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 11:25

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%
Default Texas Pete

I really miss being back in the Carolina's cause out here you can't get Texas Pete. A main staple in my household before moving back to California. Now I have a girlfriend in Asheville, NC goes to Bilo and buys me a gallon of Texas Pete and send it to me.

I fry my wings until crispy and while they are frying I mix my Texas Pete and butter together and heat in the microwave then stir up. When wings are nice and crispy (no breading) I toss in the Texas Pete then drop back in the oil for just a few minutes and then re-dip them in Texas Pete. If you want a little hotter version of this add a few drops of "HABANERO" hot sauce to the Texas Pete. Don't go too heavy with it cause it will burn unreal. We dip ours in Ranch Dressing that we make from the package cause it is lower carbs.

Last edited by Nat490 : Thu, Jun-05-03 at 11:27.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-08, 18:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/222/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Pork Rinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina
Personally I stay away from KFC because it seems so saturated in fat (even the meat, it's yucky) and also because man do they charge an arm and a leg for their chicken!

Try taking chicken pieces and dipping them in mayo (or egg and water) and then into crushed pork rinds. I prefer to dip in mayo (keeps them very juicy) and then in a crushed pork rind, crushed almond mixture. Yummy, so good. For variety, add some spices to the mayo before dipping chicken pieces into it (cajun, garlic, oregano, anything!) This is my favorite recipe for meat! Good luck!

Thank you so much we just finish our dinner and use your recipe for chicken using pork rinds. I used Hot and Spicy and it turned out excellent .
Thank you it felt like we were cheating.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-08, 19:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/208.2/160 Female 5'10"
BF:Yes it is!
Progress: 5%

Hey Liddle!

Confession....I have eaten KFC many times since low carbing. I don't eat the skin and will eat just a few crunchies off the top. It has not slowed my weight loss down at all or knocked me out of keotosis. I have also gone to Chic-Fli-A and had the nuggets. Not much breading there so they are pretty low carb. When on the run and you need something easy, it's not too bad of a choice. It's not something to do everyday but occasionally is fine...at least for me. Hope this helps!!!