Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:33
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 326.5/312/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default New here

Hello,
I just found this forum today. I am fairly new to LC. I just started Sugar Busters! today. So far it has gone well but I know there will be rocky days ahead. This seems to be a very supportive forum which I definitely need. I have about 180-190 lbs to lose.
I feel like I can really do it this time, but I have tried and failed so many times that I am afraid to hope but I am gonna give it all I have got!!

I look forward to posting here!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:52

Plan: suger busters
Stats: 350/350/180
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello,
Well today is my frist day. I found the forums here to be very up lifting. I'm starting the suger busters..I have tried many diets in the past . I know that its a long road and I know that with good friends and lots of encouragement i know that I can do it...I have about 160-150 pounds to losses. I look forward to the long raod together.

Thank-you
Amy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:58
Registered Member

BF:

Amy,
Good luck on your weight loss adventure. We can both do this thing. I know we can.

~Amy~
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 02:33
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%

Cozy--

Welcome to the forum! I've just got back to LC on January 1st... I see you and I are in exactly the "same spot".... we both weigh the same, and our goal weights are close (I'm hoping for 130... will be happy with 150!)

I originally lost 80 pounds on Atkins... and then got pregnant, and gained it all back. Lost it all AGAIN once I gave birth, and gained it all back over the past 2-3/4 years.

So, here I am... back and raring to go, just finished day 2!

Hugs and support!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:22

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Amy3

Just had to say hi, because I wanted to be the third Amy on this thread!

Today is my second day on Atkins induction, and I have around 120 lbs to lose, maybe a few more. We'll see as I approach that. For now, my first mini goal, I think, is to be 275. I know that, even though that is still obese, I am much more comfortable at that weight. I can do things like tie my shoes without so much struggle. Since I am 5'10", I guess I can carry a little more weight than the average woman. I guess being tall isn't always bad, although buying pants sure is a pain!!!!

Okay, enough, I will stop rambling now....
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:57
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi 3 Amys,

Welcome to the triple digits club! It's nice to have new members to provide each other support. I know you will be successful here. I gave up on lowfat diets years ago and resigned myself to just being fat for the rest of my life; then I discovered low carbing in July and the weight has steadily been disappearing! The remarkable thing about this way of eating is that you can lose weight without being hungry and I've never been able to tolerate being hungry (no willpower, I guess).

Hang in there, keep posting, and start a journal if you haven't already. I started my journal about six weeks ago and already I find it helpful to look back on where I was and see how much progress I have made, even in that little bit of time. I wish I had started it back in July when I begn low carbing. We're all in this for the long haul, no one loses 100 or more pounds in six months, so keeping an eye on progress made is helpful!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:13

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Can a Tracy come here? LOL

Just wanted to say hi too, even though I'm not an Amy.. perhaps I am at heart though

I am 42, single mom of 3 teens with a pretty cool boyfriend and a cat and a full time job as a gov't worker. I am happy to meet others who are "up there" in the weight also. I really do believe there are some different feelings and issues for those of us with more to lose.

Great to see everybody
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:13

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Can a Tracy come here? LOL

Just wanted to say hi too, even though I'm not an Amy.. perhaps I am at heart though

I am 42, single mom of 3 teens with a pretty cool boyfriend and a cat and a full time job as a gov't worker. I am happy to meet others who are "up there" in the weight also. I really do believe there are some different feelings and issues for those of us with more to lose.

Great to see everybody
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:10
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by tripletmom
Cozy--

Welcome to the forum! I've just got back to LC on January 1st... I see you and I are in exactly the "same spot".... we both weigh the same, and our goal weights are close (I'm hoping for 130... will be happy with 150!)

I originally lost 80 pounds on Atkins... and then got pregnant, and gained it all back. Lost it all AGAIN once I gave birth, and gained it all back over the past 2-3/4 years.

So, here I am... back and raring to go, just finished day 2!

Hugs and support!

Karen

Thanks!! I am finishing day 2 myself. I have to say I have been so inspired by your success stories here and you are all so supportive.

I am doing the SugarBusters plan because that was my intro to LC and it makes tons of sense to me. Plus its the only LC book I have read so far...LOL
I have had a headache on and off for the last couple days(which I believe can be from kicking the carbs correct?) but I don't feel starved and I feel like I could live this for life!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:16
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Amy3

Quote:
Originally posted by achio4444
Just had to say hi, because I wanted to be the third Amy on this thread!

Today is my second day on Atkins induction, and I have around 120 lbs to lose, maybe a few more. We'll see as I approach that. For now, my first mini goal, I think, is to be 275. I know that, even though that is still obese, I am much more comfortable at that weight. I can do things like tie my shoes without so much struggle. Since I am 5'10", I guess I can carry a little more weight than the average woman. I guess being tall isn't always bad, although buying pants sure is a pain!!!!

Okay, enough, I will stop rambling now....

Thanks Amy3!

M&Mmom or Amy2 is my best friend. She and I are trying to be support buddies even though we live a couple hours apart.

I am also tall 5'9" and agree that buying pants is a pain

My mini goal is to lose 40 lbs by the time the weather breaks so that I can get out and walk more comfortably. That is probably a good 4 months away so I don't think I am setting my mark too high. If I lose more then that will be GREAT!! Good luck to you and happy LCing!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by liz175
Hi 3 Amys,

Welcome to the triple digits club! It's nice to have new members to provide each other support. I know you will be successful here. I gave up on lowfat diets years ago and resigned myself to just being fat for the rest of my life; then I discovered low carbing in July and the weight has steadily been disappearing! The remarkable thing about this way of eating is that you can lose weight without being hungry and I've never been able to tolerate being hungry (no willpower, I guess).

Hang in there, keep posting, and start a journal if you haven't already. I started my journal about six weeks ago and already I find it helpful to look back on where I was and see how much progress I have made, even in that little bit of time. I wish I had started it back in July when I begn low carbing. We're all in this for the long haul, no one loses 100 or more pounds in six months, so keeping an eye on progress made is helpful!

Thanks for your support Liz. I was so thrilled to find this forum because not a lot of people are in our shoes. Its wonderful that we can support each other because we know how we feel!!

I started a journal, but am not exactly sure what to do with it..LOL
I track my food and stuff at fitday.com but I am sure it will be helpful to write out my feelings and stuff as I go along.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:22
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Can a Tracy come here? LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Vel

Great to see everybody

Thanks Vel! I definitely think we who are in the triple digits deal with some stuff that maybe some others don't. Hope to see you around here alot!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:33
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default Re: Re: Amy3

Quote:
Originally posted by CozyCorner

I am also tall 5'9" and agree that buying pants is a pain

I'm 5' 9-1/2" and have a terrible time finding large pants with a 32" in-seam. Silhouettes catalogue has them and Lands' End will hem some of their pants to different lengths. Does anyone have any other ideas for finding pants for women who are both tall and fat? The clothing manufacturers seem to assume that we are one or the other, but not both simultaneously!

It is really nice to have all you new folks here!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:40

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Pants for us tall women!

The other place I get my pants, other than Lands End, is Avenue. Their talls are VERY long, sometimes I only need their regulars. If you don't have a store in the area, I am pretty sure they have a website.

On other notes, thanks to everyone for the welcomes. I am doing well on day two. A little nauseau but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday. I thought about what sounded good for dinner, and decided I would buy it. So DH and I are having steamed artichokes dipped in butter and delmonico steaks. YUM! He is supposedly doing lowfat starting Monday and thinks that what I am doing is nuts. He won't eat anything I make starting Monday, so I am bound and determined to show him that I can do this with eating yummy foods. Cheese and nuts, oh the horrors!!!!Considering he loves his wings and beer, I don't think it will take more than a few months to convert him!

Alright, off to eat my yummy dinner, which puts me at 20 grams of carbs for the day, so anything else I eat will probably be nuked pepperoni, my snack of choice!

Amy3
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:46
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Re: Re: Amy3

Quote:
Originally posted by liz175
I'm 5' 9-1/2" and have a terrible time finding large pants with a 32" in-seam. Silhouettes catalogue has them and Lands' End will hem some of their pants to different lengths. Does anyone have any other ideas for finding pants for women who are both tall and fat? The clothing manufacturers seem to assume that we are one or the other, but not both simultaneously!

It is really nice to have all you new folks here!

I have a Catherine's near me and I have bought pants successfully there a couple times. The only thing I don't care for about them is that sometimes you have to really watch because the pants will be huge down by the ankles and I don't mean bell bottoms!!
Its like they think my ankles are as big as my thighs(heaven forbid!)

Last edited by CozyCorner : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 15:48.