Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 129/129/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Red face how much can i expect to lose in 2 weeks

on my 2nd day......weighing in at 138.5 (before i drank lots of water). 1/2 lb less than yesterday (ya probly water weight but im trying to keep optimistic). I only need to drop about 10 lbs or so....and am looking to lose as much as I can before I go back to school. I do at least 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weights a day, and am very strict with my diet (Ive only had 11g of carbs today and I dont expect to eat much more). How much weight should someone in my situation drop in 12 or 13 days?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi! No one recommends crash dieting, but realistically, you can expect to lose a few pounds in a couple of weeks. It takes a lot of water to store carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, so you'll lose a fair bit of water and weigh less. Whether or not this will be a noticible difference in your body size is a different story. Some people do find that they are less "puffy" after a couple of weeks. It depends on your body.

A question, though - why only 11 g carbs? You need those carbs in the form of your veggies, etc. I know it's easy to think that less is better, but you don't want to get constipated.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:17

Plan: MEAT AND LOTS OF GREEN VE
Stats: 292.7/280/180 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey Puff,

WHOA NELLIE....this isn't a race, it's a way of life...take it slow and you'll have better results...do up your carbs though and you'll do better...you don't want to starve your body.
Good luck!

GAP[/b]