Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/138/115 Female 5'2''
BF:
Progress: 34%
Talking Supercow just have a question for ya

Hey girl,
where are you originally from? I see you have a lot of spanish selections on your choices for music, so I was just wondering...
I'm originally from Spain. I have been in the states for 11yrs now.What about yourself?
Hope you don't think I'm being too nosey....

Later gator....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 19:56
Registered Member

Plan: LC + LowER Cal (~1500)
Stats: 159/155/145?
BF:16%, goal 6-7%
Progress: 5%

Pues ¿hablas español? Soy totalmente Americano pero hablo Español, Francés, y un poco de Portugués. Mi colegio es un colegio internacional y aprendo las lenguas allí. Hace 12 años que aprendo francés y 3 años que aprendo español.

Este verano, fui a España por un intercambio. Como me ha gustado la música, la bajé por Kazaa. Se escucha mucha música internacional en mi escuela porque hay muchas personas de varios paises.

Alex

Ps - I'm an hombre not a girl
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 20:33
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

ooops !

Soooo sorry, can you tell i'm new here!!!
Yo naci en brusselas, asi esque yo tambien hablo frances y tambien italiano. Veo que tienes un clabier internacional para poder escribir en castellano. Tu espanol es bastante bueno para haber aprendirlo en 3 anos. BRAVO!!!

Je suppose que tu ecris le francais aussi bien que l'espagnole???
Et je suis sure que vous etes tres douer!!!

How refreshing to find such an open minded individual, and so bright!....
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 21:55
Registered Member

Plan: LC + LowER Cal (~1500)
Stats: 159/155/145?
BF:16%, goal 6-7%
Progress: 5%

"Tu espanol es bastante bueno para haber aprendirlo en 3 anos."

isn't it

"Tu espanol es bastante bueno para haberlo aprendido en 3 anos."

I don't mean to try and correct you it's just i'm wondering... always trying to improve my grammar. I've got some huge tests to take at the end of 12th grade and they show no mercy when it comes to grammar.

Tu parles français aussi? ¡Que Guay! On me dit que je suis doué mais je pense que la majorité de mes accomplitments vient du travail. Mais j'aime trop les langues. J'aimerais bien apprendre l'italien mais je vais apprendre le portuguais en premier car c'est très similère à l'espagnole. Je comprend bien l'italien à l'écrit et parfois je comprend l'italien à l'orale. Ça me parrait un peut comme une melange de la langue française et l'espagnole.
¿Puedes falar galego? I can a little... once again... una mezcla entre portugués y español LOL.
Como ya puedes ver, me encantan las languas y hablo demasiado.

Hasta Luego,
Alejandro
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 19:43

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Que Bueno!

My I'm impressed!

Lo carbing AND multi lingual!

I could just barely keep up!

Ya'll have fun now ye hear!

Carl

ps, Since SuperCow, was my favorite action heroine, (on Cow & Chicken) I must admit I too was under the impression you were female...... Ah for the directness of Gender Endings -Hombre-
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 09:02
Registered Member

BF:
Question

Carl,
are you biligual as well?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:09

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Default Biligual Carl

I worked in Texas early on in the food business, manager of serveral Wyatts Cafeterias..... learned a great deal of spanish there, mostly slang, or low class ?? stuff, I can talk to you for hours about cleaning the dishes or scrubbing the floors, but that was about my limits, and then I married a my Ex who's 1st language was Spanish... higher class.... she corrected my mangled spanish, and laughed at me alot and I was though very pleased that my son with her would be bilingual, but he was resistant to the language if you can believe that! We had a live in housekeeper/baby sitter for the 1st 2 years of his life and she was from El Salvador and only spoke spanish, my Ex's kids were fluent, but by the time my son was 2 he only knew botaya, cubachas, and ulmblego.....

And thus is my story, I can speak it but unfortunently because of how I learned it, by doing instead of studying it, I have only a very small idea of how most words are spelled, terrible isn't it?
I'm illiterit when it comes to spanish.... Ich spreche Deutch, ein biechen! Perro, no me puedo espano! 4 years of German in high school. And I started learning Russian a few years ago but once I got passed the basics of Kot de va? and Dobre Utra and all the small talk phrases, I got really busy in life with ice skating, work and over time, and my son and that kinda went by the wayside..
I still have the tapes, vidios and books I bought in my inital enthusiasm!!

So there you have it, an illiterate spanish speaker who does a good job of over hearing conversations, and who has some bad habits syntext wise, a former German speaker and writer, who would have to immerse myself into Germany for 6 week to get it back, (sounds like fun!) and a wanna be Russain speaker!

Yep, that's me!

Later,

Carl
Que Bueno!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 15:06
Registered Member

BF:
Talking wow

Well, that's an interesting story you got there Carl.
I'mquite sure that one day you will get everything acomplished like you wanted to...