Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/106
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Feeling differently

I saw alot of postings saying that after doing atkins they feel great,no more cravings,having so much energy no more bloating no more PMS chocolates no more water rentention blah blah...

But i am not feeling on either ways. I am not sure if it's due to the cheats i have last week. Which resulted the soar of the insulin and my carb cravings..etc... My TOM is due next week and i am feeling crappy rite now. Feeling bloated at every part and inch of my body.The feel of gaining wt!!urgghhh I believe i am retaining alot of water which i think it shouldn't be the case when doing atkins??

In summary i dun feel good at all. CAn anybody explain to me??

Thanks Alot!!!!really need an ans
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:02

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

It takes me anywhere from 3 days to a week for my body to recover from cheating. You are probably retaining water due to the cheating - your body stores water in relation to its glycogen stores.
You asked for an explanation - and there is no way to say this gently. If you are cheating, you are not doing the Atkins diet and will not reap the rewards of eating low carb.
Try to follow the diet exactly. Take your supplements. Drink your water. Do this for a month and you will most likely see a positive change.
BTW - I looked at your profile and in height it says 165. Are you really almost 14 feet tall?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:03
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hi there

You have been low carbing for a short time. You don't see the patterns that our cycles do to us. You are sensitive to carbs now so when you cheat you gain lots of water and you feel sometimes like you have the flu (aches pains, fatigue). My roommate wasn't feeling good Monday and ate crackers and had regular Coke Cola, what used to be his standby before low carbing, he has been low carbing since July. The next day he thought he was worse and didn't see that the carbs of the day before made him feel worse. So I told him to do chicken broth and try to keep low carb, he feels much better today.

I'm sorry you are feeling so down and yucky. I really sympthize with you, I also suffer the same thing if I'm not careful. Live and learn. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:04
Registered Member

Stats: 320/295/190
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile

What I've read is if you go off the diet (cheat) on Saturday, then start back on it Sunday, it may be Tuesday or wednesday till you start felling better. The diet has a built in reward and punishnent system. Cheat and you feel fatgued, stay on it and you don't have the food carvings. What happens - You cheat then your bodey switches over and starts burning the carbs / sugar for fuel which gives you a boost, then you start back on the diet and you have burned up the carbs / sugar so you start feeling fatigued. It then takes about two days for your body to say HEY I need fuel but I'm not getting any and you start putting out FMS ( Fat Mobolizing Harmone) which start burning your fat. Atkins also suggest taking vitimans which help allot. I take multi Vitiman, 1000mg of Vitiman E, a Multi B complex vitiman and a extra vitiman C for good measure. But the main thing is to just stick to the diet and your goal, don't watch the scales because with allot of water intake the wieght goes up/down. The next thing you know, your wearing a size smaller in clothes. Hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 01:33
Registered Member

Stats: 130/130/106
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks alot guys..Oh when i put 164 i mean in cm.

Hopefully i will recover soon as what is true is that ever since i cheated i was really feeling fatigue and tired. Though i have a good nite slp y'day nite i still feel tired and crappy. And my pants oh boy was getting tighter each mmt pass by..guess it really is fluid retention. I will drink more water as you guys advise!Thanks Alot

May god bless you.