Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 08:26

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default reducing calves....

Does anyone have any exercises I could do (or not do!) to reduce my calves?
They're huge.... I think they bother me the most.

TIA,
Kara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 09:49

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/175/190 Male 72in
BF:30%/8%/8%
Progress: 143%

karich,
Sorry I don't think there is any way to reduce the size of any part of your body except by losing fat and as many have noted on this board, fat is lost at a similar rate over the whole body. My personal experience is that as I lost fat, my calves lost inches which surprised me as I carried most of my visible fat around my waste and had very little on my legs. I was even getting stronger as I was losing size while increasing the amount of weight I was lifting during my calf workouts. I should not have been surprised as fat is not just stored under the skin it is also stored inside the muscle and around your internal organs. Also my experience has been that a low-carb WOE along with resistance training builds very lean muscle that is very compact and dense. My wife also is low-carbing and doing resistance training and after only a few weeks of doing the Body For Life workout her calves and legs looked much leaner and better proportioned.

Az
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 10:14

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Az,

Thank you so much for your reply.
It was a very imformative answer.
I guess I'll just keep on this wol and
exercise.