Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 15:53

Plan: Combination
Stats: 174/174/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile First Day of Low Carb Eating

Hello All,
Today is my first day of a low carb diet. I am not following any one diet specificly, but am taking information from multiple sources. If anyone has any helpful hints please feel free to let me know.

Happy Holidays
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 19:02
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

I just thought I'd say hello and congratulations on starting your weight loss journey!!

Definetely start a jounal right from the start I waited a month...it is really helpful to post your foods and then if you have problems you can look back at what you've been eating.

feel free to stop by my journal anytime...I did Atkins for 4 months very sucessfully...it was still working fine but I am trying CAD for pre maintance holiday binge control

Bye Ya
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 19:34
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lisa.

One suggestion I have is to ask Santa for one of the LC books for Christmas. Without the proper background info, you could end up disappointed in your results. No, this forum is not funded by a publishing company. We recommend that out of concern for your health. Also, consider talking it over with your doctor, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions.

Having said that, though, my LC journey began the way yours did: I messed around on this forum a bit, then got Protein Power out of the library, and the rest is history. And there's certainly no harm in eliminating processed carbs from your kitchen. Ditch that sugar and flour. Start buying and eating those veggies.

If you have any specific questions about the various LC plans, feel free to ask. Enjoy!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 15:05

BF:
Default Thanks For Your Kind Words

I would like to thank both Kristine and BeccaResRN for there responses to my post. I would have thanked you both seperately, but I am just learning how to post.

Kristine I took your advice and bought Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution book and am reading with enjoyment.

BeccaResRn I also am taking your advice and will be looking into starting my journal the second I am done with my reply.

Thanks Again

Support really makes a difference.

#5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 16:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Excellent! I never did the Atkins plan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It's a good read. Sometimes Dr A sounds a bit like a used car salesman , but it's still loaded with good info.

>>"Support really makes a difference."

Amen!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/184/150
BF:not sure
Progress: 26%
Default plan ahead

Lisa,

One thing I have found being on Atkins - or as far as I can tell - any low carb diet is to get organised with your food.

Make a list, check out some LC recipes, plan a weekly menu - and then gop shopping.

I find it's the only way to get some variety in your diet ....

It's also why people complain about getting "sick of eggs and bacon for breakfast every day" - they don't research the alternatives and plan ahead ...

All the best of luck and congratulations ....

Michael13
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 20:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 208/153/135
BF:43%/??/20%
Progress: 75%
Smile Good for you!

Something that really helped me was registering at www.fitday.com and using it honestly. It's free and a really great way to track what's really in the food you're eating. I had some surprises - days when I thought I was doing okay, but found I was a little high on the carb side for my liking. It also gets easier to use each time you use it as it has a "frequently eaten" section. You set your own dietary goals and can run a number of reports to see how you're doing over time.

Have fun with this. Its truly one of the best things I've ever done for myself. We're worth it
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 18:34

BF:
Default Thanks for the Advice

Hello All!

I wanted to thank Tzelish and Michael13 for their kind words and advice.

Michael I am learning real quick that you need variety...lol

Tzelish I bookmarked fitday.com and will be reviewing it. Thanks

I ate two Atkins indulgence candy bars today...it is 2gram carbs
0 sugars....does anyone know if that is ok? The package says total carbs 16 grams. for those watching their carbs count 2 grams as all other carbs including fiber have a minimal impacton blood sugar.