Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 08:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Help Discouraged

I have been on the Induction for a week now and I have only lost 3 1/2 lbs. On the 2nd day I had lost 3 lbs now it is only 1/2 more since. I have been back and forth from Moderate to Large on the Ketone sticks. What am I doing wrong. I have always lost more of this on Weight Watchers in the 1st week. Usually, it slows down in the 2nd week. I was told not to count calories, should I. Will it get better or am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/249/220
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey Stevie,.. It's hard to say if you are doing something wrong. Let me say,... 3.5 lbs in a week is pretty good. Sure some loose more,.. then some loose in WHOOSHES and such. I learned pretty quick that I don't like the little ketone stix. They cost too much,..and they never were the color I wanted.

A few keys to success (at least for me):
Drink the water (a bunch)
Exercise (at least walking)
Stick with it.

I have been doing this for two months, lost 21 lbs,.. thats roughly 3 lbs a week,.. it's slow,.. but SURE. Sometimes a couple or three pounds will drop real quick. then I hit a stand still. The best part.. I feel great,.. my slacks fit better (even some I had in the back of the closet), and I am not hungry.

God Bless
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 10:52

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default Purple Ketostix

If your strips turn purple, it is an indication that you are not drinking enough water. Water weight is the first to go during induction (the cause of a huge initial drop for most people) and it is more easily lost when you drink a huge amount of water. The general rule is eight 8oz glasses plus one more for every 25 pounds or so you want to lose. I just guzzle it. It definitely clears out the system and will aid in weight loss.

Happy low carbing!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 17:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

If you have just been on a weight watchers type of low cal & low fat plan, it may take a while for your body to trust that the good amount of protein & fat will continue before it consents to lose any weight. You could be using the protein to make muscle tissue repairs, as that has been in rather short supply.

Chuck has a good attitude. it may be slow but it WILL work. Be patient with your body and enjoy the food which is legal on this WOE.